Friday, April 5, 2013

The Giant and the Hunter!

We played another softball game tonight. 
We played against the coach who cheated me out of a run last year 
and cheated us out of a win. 
Oh, Boy....here goes.

Unbelievable things happened!

If you'd have told me KD (the coach's daughter) the best player in the league
 was going to strike out tonight, I wouldn't have believed you for a minute.

I would have bet you money that it wouldn't happen. A LOT of MONEY.

If you'd have told me WHO WOULD BE STRIKING HER OUT,
I would have told you to shut the front door!

In her Major League Softball pitching debut, 
(first time pitching in a game-ever)
with bases almost loaded and TWO outs, 
my itty bitty niece, 

Hunter, 

struck out the league giant.

FOR REALS!!!!!!!

It was incredible!

Did you hear me? It was INCREDIBLE!!!

The first batter hit to third. 
The second batter knocked one right back to Hunter, 
and it spun out of her mitt. She picked it up and threw it to 2nd for the force out.

The next batter hit it to 2nd base and was thrown out at 1st.

The next batter snuck one through the infield to center.

The next batter walked with a full count. 
The next batter walked cause she had no strike zone. (very short).

The last batter was the giant. 
She's as big as a college player. 
She's the one I told you about that went up 
to the 13-14 yr old league to play on another team.
(I had Hinter pitch the 2nd inning to purposefully avoid having 
to pitch to this girl who could
hit this ball hard back at Hunter.)

The count was 1 ball and 2 strikes, and she swung and missed!
A slight delay in the "out" as my catcher had to pick up the ball and tag her out, then the rest
IS IN THE HISTORY BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 2 runs scored on little ol' Hunter.

My other pitcher is a fast pitcher, the best in the league this year and last year. 

We won the game by 8 points, but it felt like we were tied the whole game. 
Holy stress. 
My assistant coach is the father of the pitcher and he is the BEST!! I love having him help me; he is always so calm and caring of the girls, and tonight I found out that he stresses 10 times worse than i do since his daughter is the pitcher. 
He trained his daughters to pitch since they were little, and he has also been helping Hunter with hers.

The ump tonight, I joke around with at Kash's games. He umps all of them. 
He came over to me to tell me to hurry it up between innings, and I thought he was serious. 
He couldn't believe how stressed I was over a girls softball game. 
He told me I was supposed to be having fun. lol

I told him that when the game gets over, THEN it would be fun. lol

Oh, yeah, the mom who brought treats tonight brought GREEN GATORade.
HAHAHA How cool was THAT?!!!!

(It might have taken me 5 minutes or so to figure it out....
okay, okay, Hubby had to explain it to me....)


IF YOU AIN'T A GATOR, THEN YOU ARE GATOR BAIT!

GATOR BAIT clap clap GATOR BAIT clap clap.






2 comments:

Jana said...

Woot, woot!!!

Jtchapman said...

Hunter was so excited about the game and the strike out that she called me to tell me all about it. It's great seeing them out there playing and having tons of fun.