Saturday, April 13, 2013

I did it! I made it through a whole night

of baseball and softball without pissing off any MEN!!!

It's a good thing I wished myself good luck.

Starting with Kort's game, he got to pitch to two batters to end an inning.

Then, it was my turn:

It was a game like games should be played. A couple of good pitchers striking people out, a few good batters hitting the ball, a couple of good catchers throwing people out stealing 3rd, a few amazing catches, and a nail-biting finish.

I was missing a couple of players, and that made all the difference.

I could stack the deck like crazy like the other teams do, and still not sit anyone for 2 innings.

We won or it would not have been such a fun game....

They had bases loaded twice and our pitcher struck out the 3rd out.

We were ahead 10-0 in the bottom of the last inning. My pitcher walked 5 in a row including their last 3 batters at the bottom of the line-up... all of a sudden it was 10-7 with two away and two people on base and their best batter up to bat. (The last inning is a "score as many as you want" inning.)

Someone overthrew someone and the ball bounced off the dugout. The Ace whole coach sent the runner. My pitcher got to the ball before their girl was even half way, made a perfect throw to my catcher, she tagged her out no question for the game ending 3rd out. My catcher went to take the ball out of her mitt and the ball fell to the ground. The crowd erupted with craziness and the coaches pleaded with the umpire to acknowledge his mistake!!!!!

The umpire assured everyone that it was an out. I don't know what happened next cause I turned around...I couldn't watch. haha

The game was over, and IT FELT SOOOOOOOO GOOD!

I just want to make sure you know it felt SO GOOD.

Then, Bruce tells me he would have called her safe. But this is him seeing the play from 20 feet away and from behind. I assured Bruce that he was seeing from the wrong angle. From where I was, she tagged the girl, the umpire called her out and a full 2 seconds maybe 3 before she dropped the ball. Her right arm was going up to her mitt to take the ball out and she still had the mask on, so she couldn't see the ball. The game was over anyway, so it didn't matter what happened with the ball. She wasn't concerned about the ball at this point.



Hubbies parents had come to watch the game. He must have told them about it.

My back is KILLING me! I have taken every legal drug I have and it still does not touch the pain. I went to Mike this afternoon, so it is still really sore. I had gone to Mike on Monday, too. But my back slipped back out.

The other coach, my buddy Russ, teased me about it the whole game. "You need to get that fixed.... you look like you need to go to the bathroom..." haha

Russ also told Bruce that he has no problem with him umping our game. Russ remembers when he, Russ, was playing ball with my brother, Doug, and my Grandpa was umping the game. He said how biased my grandpa was toward his team. Doug was pitching and his strike zone was way smaller for him than it was for the other team. HAHAHAHAHAHA That was a story worth hearing!!!

There was also a TEMPER TANTRUM thrown at the game. I will give you a hundred dollars it you can name who it was..... NOT,
cause if you are reading this blog, then you already are familiar with the stunts of such an Ace.

His daughter was playing 3rd base and the catcher threw her a perfect throw. Then she chased my scared runner halfway back to 2nd before she made a bad throw to the base. Then, my runner was able to score.

I was the 3rd base coach, and Ace's team was in the 3rd base dugout. All of a sudden I hear things like the garbage can getting kicked, I heard bats clanging throughout the dugout, and I heard what sounded like a helmet landing against the back side of the dugout. Yep, he was throwing a freaking temper tantrum because his daughter threw the ball to 2nd.

Kinzie said how she is so glad she is not his daughter. Can you imagine how embarrassing that would be to have your dad acting like that at your expense (in public)? Can you imagine trying to do anything right with the knowledge that if it's not perfect every time that you get that kind of response?
Holy Moly.

Russ' baby daughter saved my best hitter from getting a triple. She stuck her mitt up at the exact moment it flew over her head and snagged that hit right out of the air. I had to give her a high five for that, then I assured everyone in earshot that her dad could never have made a catch like that!! haha

One hit went off the bat so fast that I couldn't tell where it went. The pitcher had caught it, boom, just like that.

Kinzie hit the ball hard a couple of times. She tripped on a ball at practice Saturday and rolled her ankle. She can run on it, but not play catcher. It was a perfect excuse to put her on 1st base where she played the most last year.

This is the team that thought I was conspiring to get a really good player by telling her to have a crappy
tryout. Of course I didn't. They picked her, my neighbor, before I could, and I begged that team the whole night of drafts to trade her to me for J.

Tonight, J played 3rd for me the whole night. She made a play I called "flypaper". She should not have gotten the ball, but she stuck out her mitt and snagged that ball. She also hit a hard line drive right past their all-star 3rd baseman. She was smokin' hot tonight, and I couldn't help but wonder if they were kicking themselves for not trading me. My neighbor plays right field for them.

My lone 9-yr-old, stopped a grounder at 2nd base with her arm instead of her mitt! She picked that ball up off the ground and made the out at 1st. Oh, I was so happy for her. She has a good welt on her arm btw.

My catcher and pitcher were unbelievably awesome!

You should have seen the parting of the green sea every time a pitch was made with a runner on 2nd. In unison, my 3rd, short stop, and left fielder would move to cover and back-up the base. It was awesome!

All their batters were standing in the back of the batters box since my pitcher is so smoking fast. That would explain why my catcher was called for 2 catcher interferences when she would forget to adjust her depth.

My two nieces were hitting the ball. Jessie is still trying to adjust to having her eye surgery to straighten it out. Seeing two balls every pitch, she still hit it.

THIS WAS A BALL GAME!

and it was a fun one!

And I didn't piss off any men!

: )




No comments: