Saturday, April 20, 2013

Oh, my heck! Grow up!

The opposing coach lit in to me tonight, all because of 1 run.

I thought I wanted my runner to try to get it. He thought I was ridiculous for even wanting it.

He is 6'4" and 270 lbs. and he came over to me , 5'4", at 3rd base in front of his whole team and demanded to know if that one run was that important. He asked me 3 times very sternly.

Uh, duh! I thought this was a contest to see who could score the most runs, not a contest to see which coach could try to intimidate the other coach the most. FREAKING BULLY!

So, I beat him by 12 runs in 5 innings. lololol

We still had 20 minutes to play, but the mercy rule came into effect.

I have never even coached against him before. He was gone when we played them last time.

I wish some of these men with a chip on their shoulders would grow up before they sign up to coach Little League. Just because we beat you doesn't mean we are gonna come and kick your dog.

Good Grief!
Yeah, it's a game.
We won.
I definitely have the better team.
Get over it!

I am not gonna tell my team to quit trying to hit the ball when the score is within 10. (see previous example of when the other team almost caught up from a 10 point deficit.)

And I am not gonna punish my best pitcher by NOT letting her pitch, just because your team can't hit against her. She should get to pitch as often as the rules allow.

The last time we played this team, some idiot had made a new rule for us to use pitchers in a game that we have not had time to practice with. We had to try out new pitchers against this team. We struggled against them. bad. It was the walk-a-thon I wrote about the other day.

I had my best pitcher come in for the last inning of that game
and strike them out looking. . . . 3 up 3 down.

Because the coach was an idiot to me when he took over the field for practice last Saturday, I decided to make myself feel better the best way I know how. . . .

I saved my best pitcher to pitch against his team! : )

lol

I really did nothing to piss him off. Really, I didn't.
Even if it had been my goal, he was probably mad at me before the game even started. ????

Three big dads stood behind him the whole game and yelled at the umpires with the coaches.

The 14 yr old base coach called their runner out for leaving the base early and they all 5 had a come apart at him.

I saw the girl leave the bag and the base ump had time to point at her before my pitcher even released the ball.

I let the plate ump know that the kid had made a call, cause the kid was not being vocal about it. The plate ump asked him about it and the 5 amigos yelled at him for letting me make the call. . . . .

Then, they all yelled at the kid for making the call! Holy Moly!

Then, they yelled at the ump for every one of my runners that left a base, whether they left early or not.

We all lined up to slap hands after the game. I was the last person. As I got to their end of the line of girls, one coach shook my hand, the other coach turned around and went elsewhere as soon as he passed the person in front of me.
LOL

GROW UP! Oh, my heck.



No comments: