Friday, April 12, 2013

Not a fun, forced, base on balls contest.

So, with the powers that be, all one of him, deciding on Monday that we should not pitch pitchers two days in a row after they retardedly scheduled all our games every Thursday and Friday, we were forced to use pitchers in a game that we have never seen pitch before.

DUMB!

At least give us a Saturday practice to work on it.

So, tonight, each team went through 17 batters before there were 3 outs made per half inning. (We each got the 3rd out in the 3rd inning)

Ugh!

We have a rule that you can only score 5 runs per inning, so we would bat 5 or 6 till they had all walked, stolen all the bases, and scored. Then, we would switch sides and do it all again, but for the other team.

Base on balls contests ARE NEVER FUN!

What else is dumb is that in these contests, the score will inevitably be tied
after 3 innings at 15 to 15. It's a safety net so one team doesn't smear the other team, and we can get 4 innings done in 2 hours.

Another crappy:
The umpire (the same one who I joke around with at Kash's games) claimed to the umpire in chief that "that woman coach came after me, and I put her in her place."

As if!
I walked up to him and quietly told him that he was wrong in the call he just made. He got all mad and denied that I was right. He tried to explain his reasoning-still wrong, but got madder at every second. I stuck to my guns and told him I would show it to him in the rule book.... I was still wrong. He was yelling at me in front of the whole crowd by the time he was done telling me the call was the right rule "well it is in THIS game!"

Bases loaded, passed ball. My runner on third didn't have enough time to score, so she came back to third. The runner on second had run to third, and I sent her back to second. The runner on first was now standing on second and we yelled for her to go back to first.

The defense threw the ball to first and waited for my runner to get there. Someone in the crowd yelled that it was a force, and that she didn't need to tag the runner. Before the girl even tried to tag my runner (she was too scared and inexperienced to get in a pickle) the ump called her out on a force.

Okay, for reals. He looked at me like I was an alien when I told him that a force can only happen when the batter hits a ball. He argued that the girl had no where to go so it was definitely a force out. I told him she could go to second, and he yelled at me that she could not go to second cause it was occupied and so on about third. "But they could leave their bases and advance," that was all he could take and yelled at me that it was a force in THIS game.

He apologized to me later cause he felt bad for yelling at me. He said he'd had like 10 people stop him and ask him why he'd yelled at that coach, and he felt bad now.

I had even told him to calm down halfway through all this. I never raised my voice, I never got mad, I never showed a holier than thou attitude. But he told the umpire in chief that I had come after him and that he'd put me in my place. hahahahahahahah
The umpire in chief is my "friend" that I always complain to.

I can't wait for him to go home and look up that definition! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !!!! ! ! !!! ! ! !!! ! ! !!! ! ! !!! ! ! !!! ! ! !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another couple of these just in case you missed it:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Straight out of the rule book: A force play is a play in which a runner legally loses the right to occupy a base by reason of the batter becoming a runner.

Oh, we did win the game. 19-14. A little sneaky maneuvering with my runners put us ahead. We didn't get our last at bats. I hate that.

One inning with my 5th run on 3rd base, with bases loaded, my heavy hitter knocked it clear to center field and all 4 girls scored. 8 runs in one inning. "the law of continuation."

I hate winning like that, but I will take it. Especially with all the "new rules" thrown at me.

Ace whole asked if we had a good game. I told him,"no." then he said to me, "at least you won, that's all that matters right?"

He was patronizing me. Like I would win at all costs, and who cares about the girls.
Yeah, Ace, my little neighbor that I wanted on my team has played right field every inning on your team. I at least switch my little girls around.

And, if it is in your teams capability to win, then why in the the heck wouldn't you try to win?

We play his team next, and you better believe I saved my best pitcher to pitch to his team.

My goal for this game is to not piss off the men that surround me. : )

I am wishing myself Good Luck.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I love reading about you being right and the men not knowing what they're talking about.

It makes me smile. :)