Tuesday, April 17, 2012

WHEW!!! That was a close one!!

Not talking about my game per se. We lost that by 1 point.

After my game, I had to take Kinzie home to babysit during Koby's and Kashton's game.
Cause Kyson was freaking out and yelling at me on the phone.
Again.
What else is new?
Kyson was babysitting, and had no plans. but then I am 10 minutes late with Kinzie and all Hell breaks lose. (It's a place, people. An accurate description of of Kyson's stress tantrums also.)
On my way back to watch Koby's game, I was in the middle of chewing Kyson out on the phone for his lack of babysitting skills and patience with the younger kids, and I didn't notice I was going 12 miles

 OVER THE SPEED LIMIT!!!

The cop did.

Dang it!!
I have no idea why he didn't give me a ticket OR a warning.
Well, he did give me a verbal warning, "slow down."
So, whew, that was a close one!!!

Koby knocked a double over center fielder's head, and got 2 RBI's.
Of course, that was BEFORE I got back. Three innings of batters I watched, and I didn't even get to see Koby or Kash bat.

My game was pretty close as well. We lost by 1 point or 2 points, my scorekeeper counted a run that scored on a 3rd forced out.

My kids did the same dumb little errors, and some would've, could've, should'ves later, we lost by 2. (Really 1)
The umpire called the game after 3 innings, and I had to remind them all that we had to go 4 innings. AND we have to know that it IS THE last inning, so that we can score more than 5 runs if need be!!!
Dang it.

We had a runner, that was walked on a passed ball, run to 2nd with a person on 3rd.
We were very surprised to have the other coaches calling us "bush league".
I looked it up when I got home. It means amateur or unprofessional, inferior, or second-rate, and not belonging in the major league.
That is the first time we have heard of stealing a base on an opportunity as a bad thing.....
I think the other coaches were totally out of line.
When these kids get to the All-stars, you can bet the other teams
are going to take every chance they can get to advance.

But, to end a "dang it" night on a good note:

I DIDN'T GET A TICKET!!!!!






2 comments:

Jana said...

How else are the girls supposed to learn to play before high school? Isn't that what the majors are for?

Yay for no speeding tickets. The officer must've thought you were cute. :)

Sweet Tooth Sulli said...

There is still the Junior league which is 13-15 years old. By the time they get to high school, they don't usually get the chance to get two bases on a walk. They throw the ball too well.

Heck yeah!!! the officer thought I was cute!!! I am old enough to be his MOTHER!