Sunday, April 22, 2012

Scouts is up and running

in my new ward apparently.
We have been in this ward for almost 9 months, and they have a court of honor every 3 months!
Yeah, me, the scouter woman, JUST FOUND THAT OUT!!!

They also have a board of review every 3rd Sunday after church. NONE OF MY BOYS KNEW THAT!
I asked several other parents and boys if they knew about it, and none of them did either.
They think they are doing such a wonderful job. How do you do your job if the people you are serving don't know anything about what you are offering???!!!!!!!

So, apparently, my boys didn't get awarded all their merit badges  and awards that they had earned in the previous ward, so they were going to get them tonight at the court of honor.

Oh, yeah, by the way, we are having a court of honor tonight... We found this out at 12:30 pm.
The same parents I quizzed about the other info knew nothing about the court of honor tonight as well.

AND, by the way..... I WAS THE ONE IN CHARGE OF GETTING THEM THEIR AWARDS IN THE PREVIOUS WARD, SO I AM PRETTY DANG SURE THEY RECEIVED ALL THEIR AWARDS!

Ugh, our previous ward was envied by other wards for running such a good scout program, and now the ward that was known to not have enough adult leaders' or parents' support that they couldn't even go on scout camp outs was telling me that I had somehow not done my job. Oh, the things I could say right here... besides the fact that we have been in your ward for 9 months and you have failed to inform even the scoutiest of scout families about these meetings that were taking place.

The scoutmaster had come up to us a week ago asking for ideas. He said some parents were thinking he wasn't doing his job right, since their boys were not advancing. They thought that by sending them to scouts, it was all magically getting done, kind of like cub scouts. They have no idea that boy scouts requires so much parental involvement. And, to top it off, the parents are not even being informed.

I felt all powerful by boycotting their court of honor. We didn't have a choice. We had other plans. :)

No comments: