Wednesday, April 4, 2012

We did it again.

We won another softball game.
This one was not dramatic at all.

Except for the time I had to set the umpire straight,
when he said my runner could not steal home since the pitcher had the ball inside the circle.
Which she had not gotten back into the circle at the time my runner started running.
There is no way for the umpire to know anyway, he wasn't watching for that. The other coach was the one to yell that she wasn't in the circle. My runner got to score.

My highlights include the play made by the daughter of the pro player,
who scooped up a batted ball to 2nd like she did it everyday,
and without even thinking, threw a perfect ball to 1st base
for the third out with bases loaded.
It was her second game of her life. Her first time playing second.
She is trying hard not to shot put it every throw.
Her dad was in the crowd and got to see it.

Also included were plays made by Kinzie.  She had just scooped up a grounder at 1st base and tagged her base, then the next batter hit a pop fly, and Kinzie quickly put herself in line with the ball, and easily caught it for the 3rd out. Later, a grounder to Kinzie at 3rd, where she scooped it up and threw it to 1st for the out. She also got hit by a pitch and got on base by a dropped third strike. Which she claims to have done on purpose. She had 2 strikes on her and 0 balls, and she decided that she would swing at the next ball that was uncatchable, so that she could steal 1st. Where in the world would she learn something like that?
Well, actually, I taught her that.  :)

I really had expected more of a fight from this team. They were the first place team last year.
We won 12-8. We did not get our last at bats, or it could have been more. That's what I hate about being home team. Either you are stressed that you HAVE to score, or you don't even get to have your turn at bat.

The worst part of my night was when I found out that Kashton had played 3rd base, 2nd base, and pitched 2 innings and I had to miss ALL of it, cause I was coaching Kinzie's team at the same time.

A highlight of his game was when the ball was hit to him, he scooped it up, didn't know it was in his mitt and spent the whole time looking for where the ball had gone. So did everyone else. When there was no ball to be found, he finally looked in his mitt, and THERE IT WAS!!! hahaha

I also missed Kort's game cause I had to go to a cheer parents' meeting to hear the rules of the squad that I already knew.   :(

Koby didn't get to play in his game, since he jammed his fingers warming up for cheer tryouts.

No comments: