Thursday, April 5, 2012

One more win and it always feels good!

We have beat each team once, which was my goal. I would like to take any of the credit for my teams wins, but heck, if you have two girls that can pitch like my two players can pitch, then you probably don't get to take much credit.

It was a close one tonight. We made just enough errors to make it close. The other team made the same errors, just not as many of them.

Holy cow, if the base umpire was blind he could have made better calls than he did tonight. My first baseman dropped the thrown ball and picked it up with her mitt, and the umpire says she was bobbling the ball.
HOW DO YOU BOBBLE THE BALL WHILE YOU ARE HOLDING IT IN YOUR MITT?

The runner had to go around my 1st baseman, who was  holding the ball in her mitt while standing on the base, in order to get to the base. It was so "not close" that you can't even call it a judgment call.

I told my assistant that you can't argue a judgement call and he responded loudly, "There has to be judgement in order for there to be a judgement call!"  hahaha

The other team played the same infield player at the same position for the whole 4 innings. They were all strong players, and were placed in their positions well.

My team: every player has gotten a chance to play infield in every game. I don't like to put my lesser players in the outfield and forget them. If I had just my strong players playing infield every game, it would be interesting as to the outcome. And everyone takes a turn sitting, even my all-stars.

Back to paragraph one. Thank Heavens for these sisters that pitch. They moved here from out of town just in time for me to get to coach. They have been getting better at each game, and one of them is only 11! What I realized tonight is that the one is an awesome catcher! Wow! Every passed ball, got turned into an out at home.
What really stinks is that they live in another high school's boundaries, so if there is not a change in boundary alignment before they get there, then my kids' high school is gonna have some problems.

We won by 3,  but I thought the tying run was on 3rd base at the top of their lineup with one out. Whew, it would have put them down by two had she scored.

Hubby coached my other two boys in their Pony League game at the same time again. Dang It!
And Kortie had a game at the same time as us also. I missed all three of my boys playing tonight. I hate that!


1 comment:

Jana said...

I love reading about your life and your wins. Sounds like an amazing team. And you're a good coach for letting your lesser girls play. (I was a lesser girl.)