Wednesday, April 25, 2012

People are clueless,

and I get that. I do.
But, my assistant coach , no less??!!!

I spend usually 3 hours working up a lineup for my team.
I try to make sure the same person is not sitting the first inning every game, or batting last every game, not playing outfield the whole game, etc.

I worked and reworked this lineup to finally get it to my standard of fairness for the girls.

I showed up at the game, and my assistant coach (who, mind you, coaches another team right now and has coached several teams throughout the years) informs me that his daughter got hurt by a dog the day before, doesn't feel good, so she won't be playing in the game.
What?!
He knew this for how long, and waits till I get there to tell me? RUDE!!!

I frantically sit down on the grass while my team warms up and rewrite my whole lineup and positions.

As I get it done, the girls tell me two more players are not here yet with 10 minutes before the game.

Cross that one out and start over! Then one girl shows up and I only have to rewrite the lineup minus that 1.

The game started before I had it finished. I had to finish it while my team played. I didn't even get to watch them.

At the end of the inning, one mother came over and told me that the one girl that wasn't here would not be coming; she had forgotten to tell me. U G H!

We won the game with not too much drama. Some funny things were that some of my new girls would run all the way home from 3rd base, get scared or confused and run all the way back to 3rd base.

I did discover that the girl that tagged my girl so hard a week ago that she pushed her off the base, did so on purpose. Pushed her off the base, I mean.
She did it again last night. My girl was standing solidly on the base, and the girl shoved her off with the ball in her mitt. Luckily, the umpire saw it and was ready for it, cause he yelled, "No, you can't push her off the base." ( I had talked to my friend, the head umpire, about it the last time it had happened.) So, yeah, I will be ready for her antics next game.

Kinzie hit a hard grounder to 3rd base that the girl couldn't field, so Kinzie felt good about her game.

It makes a WORLD of difference when two of your less tough players don't play! My big guns didn't have to take a turn sitting out and they were able to play short stop for one inning each. They usually take turns catching and sitting, and don't get to play short stop. And, we get our big hitters up to bat more often.

Yeah, for GP! she is my "undraftable" cause no one would pick her. She played 1st and made several outs for us. She picked up several grounders and touched her base like a pro! THEN, she hit the ball down 3rd base line and got an RBI!

One of my girls that never hits the ball, hit it hard up the middle for a double.

My teeny tiny niece finally unleashed her bat during a game on her 3rd time up to bat. I think it was because her dad could finally make it to a game and had just shown up.
She swung at all strikes and missed all 3, but when the catcher didn't catch the 3rd strike, she ran to 1st base and got there SAFELY and got an RBI in the process.





No comments: