Saturday, April 14, 2012

Too close for comfort.

Wow! That was a close one last night!!
We won by 1 point.
Their pitcher was sick and not there, but their shortstop was a better pitcher, I think.
This was the last team we played that gave us such a good game.
They are the ones that the 3rd baseman only plays 3rd base, the 1st baseman only plays 1st base.
That's okay until you consider the little tiny right fielder
only plays right field, and bats last every single game!!
These girls ALL want to play infield.
No one at this age wants to get stuck in right field every game.

Not only was this team missing one of their better players, they were also missing two of their worst players. That makes a big difference in the game when you consider that those 2 weaker batters didn't have a turn at bat on the two occasions that they would have, and we faced their better batters more often since they were gone.

Wow, we made some bad errors. Easy to catch balls, not caught.....

Two of my best batters struck out TWICE each.

One inning they got us 3 up 3 down. I knew we would lose at that point.

But, my girls can hit the ball, and they did in the end.
We scored 5 runs in the last inning, and the other team scored 4.
The other team's tying run was on base, and my
stinkin' good pitcher struck out the top of the lineup batter!

I just need to add for my peace of mind (again) that if my first string players played the same position for the whole game and never took a turn to play outfield or to sit out, the outcome of these games might not BE SO CLOSE.

Dang it! I just want those other coaches to realize how hurtful it is to these girls' self esteem to be labeled bench-warmers so early in their life. They just want to  play.

I think my girls are having fun, I hope.



1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I think the team dynamics on your team is what really helps you win. When all the girls know each player is important, they all try harder.

I think it must be Karma for you to keep winning because you are playing by the rules.