Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Love It When My Mother-in-law Treats Us

.
.
.
Because she always treats us so well.
.
.
.
.

Sorry, I don't have a picture of this restaurant. I felt dumb taking my camera in there with all my in-laws. We were skeptical at first, but it is a very recommendable place to have someone else buying dinner for you. It's called Anasazi Steakhouse or something like that. It's pretty new-out on Sunset by Arctic Circle. Your steak comes to you browned/raw on a 7" x 7" flat lava rock heated to 700 degrees. You cook it yourself as you eat it. You cut a piece of meat off and press it against the rock and it cooks each piece in 15 seconds. So, cut 5-6 pieces and piece #1 is ready to eat by the time you cut #5 and so on. If it takes you a long time to eat a steak, your steak stays seering hot for the whole meal as the lava rock stays that hot for 45 minutes.
It was different, but if I had a choice, I'd pick it "on the rocks" every time.
It was fun to hear the Stake President brother order his steak "on the rocks."
.
.
.
.
The word of mouth must be getting around, cause the manager said he averages 45 customers on a Friday night (and that's all he had planned for,) but the Fri. night we were there, he had 145 +/- and we were there from 7pm till 8 pm. so maybe more after us. They were way short handed, but we would have sat there visiting that long anyways.
.
.
.






Then, we visited more at the house, ate root beer floats as always, told jokes,
reminisced, took pictures, and laughed till our guts were sore:
.
.
.


Brother Stan checking his zipper.

We did manage to get a few serious ones.

All 6 brothers, wives, and NO children.

The BEST way to party.

.

.

3 comments:

Micheline said...

Sounds like I place I would love to go eat at! What a nice mother-in-law!!

Jana said...

I'm so jealous! We haven't eaten out in months. When we lived in St. George we went to that French restaurant on Main Street and cooked our own fillet mignon on the lava rocks. It was SO delicious! (Now it's out of business-I guess word didn't get around fast enough.)

Jana said...

LOL, I love your rose picture!