Friday, May 18, 2012

Can't sleep

Oh. my. gosh.

What a game.

I didn't tell you about last night's game, cause it mostly just turned out the way it was supposed to.
We won. We played the pink team.

We played the pink team again tonight.

Tonight, sigh, sigh, sigh,

No, it was not an easy game at all. HOLY COW!!!!!

The game ahead of ours was the Maroon team vs the Black team. The black team's coach is the one who cheated our team out of a fair game last week.
They went down to the wire. Each team was pitching girls who have never pitched before. They were walking runs in left and right. It came down to the last inning and the Maroon team got their last at bats and WON the game! Oh, my team was thrilled about this. They went over their time by 20 minutes!

That means that if we win tonight that we are tied for 1st with the black team again.

As their team was clearing out the dugout, my starting pitcher showed up to the game. She had a choir concert and was going to miss the first inning, but since their game went long, she didn't have to miss.

We batted first. We got the 5 runs we were allowed, one of my best hitters struck out for the 3rd time in two games (to the same pitcher), then we traded sides. Their team had 3 runs and 2 outs when a girl hit a pop fly to my pitcher, the one who had just struck out again. She missed the ball and it spun out of her hand as she tried to pick it up. She touched it just as it was about to spin FOUL. The next girl walked and the girl after her struck out. But, when our catcher dropped the 3rd strike, then overthrew 1st base. they scored 6 that inning. Dang it.

Okay, we should be able to make that up.

OUR NEXT TURN AT- BAT WAS TORTUROUS!!!

My first batter up, walked. Good, but I didn't dare have her steal against this catcher.
My next batter, who is not very consistent at hitting the ball, HIT THE STINKIN' BALL!!!
Yeah, that would be good except she hit it to the 2nd baseman and my runner on 1st ran straight to 2nd base in the baseline and got called out for interference for not going behind the baseman fielding the ball. WHO EVEN KNOWS THAT RULE GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE THAT CALL?

 Oh, yeah, my brother does, and he was the base ump for my GAME!!! And, the runner he had to call out was HIS 9 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! (league age) That's right, his daughter. Nobody else would have made that call. We usually get swimmers for our base umps. UGH

My next youngster up to bat got to walk with a full count. then she stole 2nd with my other runner on 3rd. But, that youngster got off her base to practice her lead-off after the pitcher had the ball in the circle. UGH, THAT UMPIRE GOT US AGAIN!! Two outs in the same inning by rules most of our base umps have not even heard of. Then, my BEST batter STRUCK OUT!!!
Oh, man....
My little girls had to come ask me why they were out, they had no idea.
I have explained the pitching circle rule to them every game, every practice, and 5 times before today's 2nd inning. But, they just don't get it.

The score was 5-6 they were ahead and up to bat.
The 1st batter walked with a full count. Dang it.
The 2nd batter up hit a pop fly to my "non-draftable" 1st baseman, and she caught it! Then she stood there trying to decide what to do. She was going to throw it to 2nd to get the girl out for not tagging. We finally, after 5 seconds of yelling at her, convinced her to touch her base! a double play! YAY.

Pay attention:

Their next batter, walked with a full count. Dang it.
The very next pitch, her coach sent her to steal 2nd. My catcher gunned it down there and got her OUT!!!
AGAIN!!!
hahahahaha.
She was their 1st girl up to bat against us. It was like de ja vu. She walked the first time, then tried to steal 2nd and we gunned her out then, too. Same play, same girl, out twice!!! hahaha

Still 5-6 with my "big guns" up to bat. We'll show them who's boss....

My batter was mad mad. The pitcher had managed to pitch a strike past her 4 times already. She wanted to hit really bad.  Full count, again, and she nailed that ball. It bounced in the chalk right in front of 3rd, bounced over 3rd, then out to the outfield. She got a home run!!!!!

This should be easy to get ahead, I thought.....

Kinzie was up to bat. She almost always hits this pitcher. She always waits till she has 2 strikes on her before she makes her move to my dismay and heartattackedness. She hit it hard to 2nd base and the girl managed to get her glove on it to stop it, then have enough time to pick it up and get the out. dang it.

My next one, can hit the dickens out of the ball, but doesn't seem to in a game situation. She hit a pop fly to shortstop.
My next batter struck out.
Oh           My                 Gosh...!


We blew it! Oh, did we ever.
The sinking feeling was happening.

6-6 Their big guns up to bat.
Now, my catcher was pitching. I told her to walk #4. I told her to hit her with the ball if she had to, but walk her no matter what.
She walked the first and second batters, then pitched the fattest pitch in the world (that means a stike right down the middle) and #4 hit a triple over center fielder's head and got 2 rbi's. That means she hit 2 people in.

At this point, I knew that we had no shot at this game and the sickening, nervous feeling in my stomach went away. There was no chance for us left. I really can't help my team out when they don't do what I tell them to. Such as walk someone...

Kinzie caught a pop fly at 3rd base, my shortstop turned catcher, threw one out at 1st, but overthrew 2 others, so they scored 5 runs that inning.

11-6
So, here we go.

Bottom half of our lineup. (that means that we have our not-so-good hitters coming up to bat.

Their pitcher is "on".
Let's get this over with!

Ugh. I can't even watch.....

We walked, then the pitcher couldn't handle a grounder, then a walk, and a walk, then a full count strike out, dang it.

Pay attention:

Then with the bases loaded, my best batter who I have bat first position, hit 3 foul balls and had a full count on her when she HIT ONE THROUGH THE INFIELD to right field and got a HOME RUN!!!!!!!!!

TO TIE THE GAME!!!

This is not happening!...!

Then one of my home run hitters hit a foul pop fly and after it bounced in the 3rd baseman's glove 5 times, managed to catch it.
2 outs.

Kinzie's turn at bat: she, of course takes a strike, then creams one down first base line and gets a TRIPLE!!!!!
My next batter blasts the ball up the middle and gets a HOME RUN!!!!!

My next batter walks then steals 2nd.
My next batter walks, but as the runner on 2nd is still standing there with her lead as the pitcher gets the ball back in the circle, MR UMPIRE calls her out for not going immediately back to her base!! Dang it!

11-13

I showed my pitcher that they had their 3 worst batters up to bat. She agreed that she just needed to pitch strikes. By golly, she did that. She struck the first 2 batters out.
Then a full count walk. Dang it.

The girl on first base is the girl we have thrown out at 2nd base twice in this game.
 Is she gonna steal???
DOUBT IT!!! hahahahahahahahah


Strike 1, strike 2,

hold your breathe.....strike 3!!!!!

catcher dropped it!!!!! Dang it!!!!!

The throw down to 1st base......

.hold your breath.......

Kinzie reaches out and

CATCHES THE THROW FOR THE 3RD OUT !! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE WON!!!!!!!


Now try to sleep .......................




1 comment:

Jana said...

That was so exciting to read! How funny about your ump and his daughter. That must've been a fun game.