Thursday, October 23, 2008

Grate! Just Grate!

There are 4 holes in the side of my printer and my memory card accidentally slipped into the wrong memory card slot of my fax/printer machine, and I can't get it out. (It's a big hole.) I have to wait till someone stronger gets home from work to shake it out. So, no birthday pictures of my 6-yr-old monkey.
.
.
So, here's another funny sleeping position this kid comes up with. I swear she's related to her father and all his brothers and their father. Those people can fall asleep in any position and even before they close their eyes. Her father can be in the middle of telling me a story and fall asleep.

This is seriously a crazy, busy time of year for me, and Kort insisted on having a Millenial Falcon birthday cake. I'm not even sure that's what it's called. But it was Star Wars. The kids all had a good time, despite the fact that none of them knew each other except Tina's and Bruce's kids. We even had Nate & Andrea's girls here, and their own cousins didn't even know them. (You know my kids are 2nd cousins once and 1st cousins once-removed with them?) Also at the party, one boy from the ward, and one boy from Kort's school.

I surely missed my two oldest boys being here for the party! They usually prepare the games, and run the show. This time Kash got to help out by making the game "Pin the Light on the Saber." We played Blue Clues, but this time it was called "Space Chase." Koby hid all the clues then went to gymnastics. So when we couldn't find some of the clues, we had to look a long time for them.

End result, a happy boy, and a relieved that it's all over mother.

.

.

.

Good news about mom. She called the Mayor and he happened to know that pecan trees don't heal, so the city will buy her a new nut tree. How do you replace a 20-yr-old tree? I told her to find the biggest one she could. We don't even know if any are available.

Yeah, the power line idiots are supposed to talk to the homeowner before they take any action against a tree. Dumb idiots. I wish they would lose their job or have to pay for the tree or both. And pay for a 10 year supply of nuts for mom. AND, someone is supposed to come out and bury that power line. Now they come up with that good idea? DUH?!

I'm glad one of mom's neighbors had the idea to call the Mayor. He's a very good Mayor. Anyhow, mom was much happier tonight than she was on Tues.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Good. She told me she talked to him. I'm glad he uses his position for good. I'm not sure about our mayor. I don't even know his face!

Jana said...

I thought she said it was 30 years old. Kind of funny to hear her swear. It's only the second time in my life I've heard a bad word come out of her mouth.

And I'm so sad we missed Kort's party. At least Jaydan got to talk to him on the phone.