Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ghost Track

is up!

.



It is up

despite my hubby having an agonizing pain in his neck and right shoulder for the past 3 weeks, and it kills him to raise his arms over his head.

In case you haven't figured it out: one bicycle wheel has a motor attached to it and spins. When it works correctly, the string spins with the wheel and the ghosts fly around our yard. On H. night, we put out black lights in an attempt to make them glow.
My neighbors even offer advice and products to help us get it working every year.


My pumpkin stack got moved to the corner,

and my lawn mower will be encircled by the flying ghosts.
.
.
.
Last night was our ward's: Chili cookoff/dinner, YM/YW Carnival,
AND Trunk-or-treat.

It started at 6 pm. And my husband had to be there early to help since he is in YM. This is our hurry up and throw on any costume
that doesn't take make-up, so we might make it there in time for something.
(Remember, Tues. are our busy days. We have piano lessons till 6:30 and gymnastics till 7:15)
That uncooperative teen-ager is probably the scariest costume I've ever come up with...

4 comments:

Jana said...

LOL about the teenager's costume! And your kids always look cute no matter what they are because you make such great costumes. You have a good man to put up the ghost track with shoulder and neck problems. He must really love you!

Jana said...

Two comments! See, people read your blog.

Micheline said...

Did you think no one read your blog - I do! I can't believe all the work you put into your decorations. They are great!

Sweet Tooth Sulli said...

I didn't tell him he had to put up the ghost track this year. I think he felt pressured into it from the neighbors. One guy in SLC that does extreme decorating for H. said they'd have to move or die if they wanted to stop the tradition. I feel like that too.