Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Food Storage

I am so glad my kids don't know what "fresh" Kraft mac n cheese tastes like. Shhh! I still have a case of it. They eat it as long as I am the one who cooks it.

And forget eating or serving anything from a can past the exp. date, 'cause certain people in my family are sensitive to the flavor of the can.

Did you know you can make muddy buddies out of stale (and I'm talking stinky stale) Chex cereal and you can't even taste the nastiness of the stinky stale Chex?

I can never volunteer to take cookies to anyone, cause we don't use flour fast enough to have fresh "on hand."

I bought a bunch of Powerade's at a good price, but feel like a terrible person feeding them to my kids, cause they are full of high fructose corn syrup!

I don't even know what is in that white container in my garage. It could be rice or it could be something else? If it is rice, then I feel guilty feeding it to my family when I know white rice is not good for you like brown rice is.

We go through a lot of cans of pineapple, but I don't know what I was thinking buying THAT many cases of it years ago.

Olives, now there was a smart smart stock up purchase. Kyson opens a can of olives and there's his lunch right there.

Hamburger Helper: if you have the one with taco chips, don't add the taco chips if it is past the exp. date. Just Sayin'

I could build a church with the food/money I have thrown away in the sake of being a good/obedient Mormon!

No comments: