Saturday, October 19, 2013

Food Storage Soup and old honey

I have a few cases of healthy selects soup that no one in my family cares for.

I figured out how to get rid of them!

I added broccoli and sauteed onions and velveeta cheese. They thought they were eating the original "poop soup" with added noodles and rice.

I had a lone can of chicken noodle soup and threw that in as well. (no one eats much canned soup at my house. I don't understand. . . I grew up on canned soup.)


Old Honey.

It is too expensive to throw away!

I made it into peanut butter balls.

1/2 cup honey
1 cup p.b.
2 cups powdered sugar

mix it all together.

There's a lot of variations, but I didn't want to use too many ingredients in case the kiddos wouldn't eat it. Kams is a total fan!


One year, Kyson's qt. of honey crystallized just sitting in his pantry in Logan. He gave it back to me cause he didn't know what to do with it. I stuck the whole bottle in a pan of water and let it warm up on the stove kind of like when you warm a baby's bottle. That makes it runny again.





No comments: