Thursday, July 18, 2013

Tired legs almost got the best of me.

I had to get Kort off to gymnastics class this morning, so I was in a hurry.

You know what that means.  . . . .

I ran the whole 48 minutes.

I lifted weights with squats yesterday, so my legs were dying/oober tired from the very first step.

Funny side note: one time I did squats with weights, then later went and reffed some YW basketball games. I guess I wouldn't quite lift my feet high enough to clear the floor a couple of times, cause I would stumble. When I would stumble, my legs were too tired from the workout to catch me, so I still have scars on my knee from BOTH times I fell that day.

If I do too many squats, it makes it hard for me to go through the act of sitting down. Not a huge problem until you remember how many times you pee in one day. . . . .

So, my legs were tired today. I decided that I would just run a mile, then change the laundry. But a good song came on, so I kept rewinding it and kept going.

Then, I was dying, trying to make it to two miles, so I could go change the laundry. But, I decided to go another "lap". Then a good song came on. I cranked up the speed (turtle speed for any of my cousins) and ran another lap, rewinded/rewound the song two more times and made it to my goal of 3 miles.

I hadn't burned off 500 calories according to my treadmill, so I kept running till 3.25 so I could feel good about conquering that goal.

Shower, change the laundry, and late to gymnastics by 1 minute!

2 comments:

Jana said...

I don't know whether I'm proud or jealous. :)

Jana said...

Probably a little of both.