Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Last game of all-stars for Washington

We played Hurricane.

The regular coach was out of town, so there were two subs for coaches: an assistant Ace Whole coach and the coach of the LAST PLACE team.

Yeah, I guess I can't be trusted to win games. . . . . . . no one asked me to do it.

Kinzie batted 8, who knows why. She played right field. I don't know why the coach put her there, but I know why I would have put her there had I been coaching.

The fastest pitcher on the team was pitching, so if anyone hit the ball, it would more than likely go to right field, and Kinzie is one of the two best outfielders on the team.

She hit the ball all 3 times up to bat. One of them got caught by the center fielder. One of them was a hard shot down 3rd base line and got a double and stretched it to 3rd base on a bad throw. The coach told her to stop at 2nd, but she kept going when he wasn't paying attention to the bad throw.

Someone hit a high fly ball to right field, and Kinzie ran up on it before she looked it over. She ended up doing a hard back stretch to reach the ball as it was now landing behind her. She caught that ball, and it was an awesome catch.

Our team ended up winning in the 4th inning by the ten run mercy rule.

We rewarded Kinzie with Costa Vida. : )



1 comment: