Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My neighbor is in a mental hospital

He wasn't allowed visitors very easily in the jail. Someone tells me you can only visit people in this jail by video. You don't get to talk to them face to face.

This was in a newspaper:

A 76-year-old Washington City man charged with murder after allegedly beating his wife to death with a hammer was found incompetent to stand trial. David Keith Benson, charged in 5th District Court with first-degree felony murder, was ordered last week by Judge John Walton to the Utah State Hospital for treatment.

I don't know when this hospital stay was ordered, but I did just find out he is up north in the hospital being treated. You know, the one his family was trying to get him in the very day he killed his wife, but for some reason the hospital postponed his arrival by a week...


His family is allowed to visit him in the hospital.


I hear he still does not remember killing his wife.


His house around the corner from me is still vacant. One of his sons and family are expecting to move into it some time this summer. They have a daughter Kinzie's age. 

No comments: