Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Have you ever felt ice running through your veins? Part 2 of 2

That's what it felt like to me when I found out Ace Whole changed his mind again.

Panic and adrenaline similar to a nightmare of someone chasing you with a knife, and you wake up in a cold sweat with ice running through your veins.

Last night at midnight, I found an email telling me that the game would "count" on Friday. We are tied with this team. We are a much better team, but that doesn't matter if my pitcher is off. I don't like those odds at all. I hate that it comes down to one player on the team, but it truly does.

I sent an email to all my players telling them about the game.

One mother emailed me back in the morning obviously frustrated with the whole situation. 
First, we take first place, but then they change their minds 5 days later. Not fair.

I called Bo to make sure he knew that Ace Whole had told me 5 days ago that the season was over on last Friday, and that my team was in first place. If we tied with win/losses then the tie breaker comes since we beat them two times and they only beat us once.

Bo didn't know anything about the make up game that Ace had fixed to happen. He wanted to verify that what I was saying was true, so he 3-wayed Ace on the phone with us. What happened was basically those two guys sided together and it felt like they were ganging up on me and beating me down together.

Ace Whole, at one point, threw out the ol' "well, if YOU want the win that badly, then we'll just give you the win and we'll just play!"

I threw it back at him by telling him that he doesn't know his girls very well if he keeps saying that at me...

He interrupted me to tell me that, "I know my girls BETTER than YOU do!!!" so mature.

After he was done spouting off and bragging, I told him that at least one girl on his team bragged in my face that their team beat ours. He demanded to know who it was. There's no way I was gonna tell him.

I did tell him, however, that another of his girls would laugh at my daughter at school every time we lost a game. And her best friend on the black team would laugh with her at my daughter until my daughter has to walk away from them. And that the girl on his team wouldn't even talk to her best friend when the best friend's team would beat her. And when we beat their team, my daughter would get the cold shoulder from them both for the whole day.

Ace Whole then threw it all back in my face that I am pointing my finger at him, but that I had plenty of fingers pointing back at me. That my girls wouldn't slap hands with certain girls on teams and wouldn't slap hands with some of the coaches. (I can't imagine why....)

He missed my whole point like he always does. I reminded him that I wasn't telling him that to point fingers, I was telling him that so he would realize just  how important the "win" was to more people than just me like he keeps trying to throw in my face.

Bo pointed out that it wouldn't be fair to Ace's team if they were in a playoff position and they didn't get  to play it. I told them I understand that, and if the season wasn't over, then he shouldn't have told us that it was. He shouldn't tell us we were in first place if we were going to have makeup games later.

Ace whole kept saying over and over that he never said we were the first place team. He only said we were going into the tournament in first place.......
Do you see what I mean? He's a freaking idiot and you can't reason with an idiot. 

Why would we be going into the tournament in 1st place if we were not the first place team, and the tournament was for fun and not counting toward the season, so what is left to knock us out of first place? Nothing. 

But he kept saying over and over that he never said we were the first place team.

We kept referring to our records. They have 3 losses and we have 3 losses. So, whoever wins the game on Friday wins the league. He kept saying that we take first place no matter what because we beat them more times.....

It took Ace like 15 minutes to realize that when I said we have 3 losses and they have 3 losses that we are tied for first place, that it meant that we both have the same amount of losses, and who ever won the game won first place. Bo even had to point that out to Ace.

Like I said: Idiotsville.

Bo asked how it was decided to have a playoff game. Ace told him the board decided. I said I thought nothing happened without Bo's approval...

Ace said he got Bo's approval. Bo said Ace asked if there was a tie that there should be a playoff game. Of course Bo said there should. Ace didn't fill him in on all the details. I reminded Bo that when I called to ask him about it, bo didn't know what I was talking about.

I asked who the "board" was that decided this stuff.

Ace named himself and his head coach and another head coach on another team. I snickered at them into the phone. Bo reminded me that I needed to be on the "board". He has said that to me two other times before. I told him the same thing each time. I have too many kids to have any time to be on the board. But, this time, I told him that if I had known the other coaches were on the board, then I for sure would have been on the board.

There was an eerie silence for a fraction of a second as it felt like people were realizing the situation was breaking all kinds of little league rules. "Manager/coach representation on the board shall not exceed a minority." Page 22!!! A minority? How about the fact that our board is 100% manager/coach?!

Holy Moly infraction of rules......

I told them I wanted to play Ace's team again, but that my girls were feeling slighted, and their parents were mad. We were told we were done, and now all of a sudden we have to play a playoff game? Unfair.......as always.

As we were hanging up, I told Bo "thanks" for his time. : )     (haha, but not Ace)

None of it made me feel any better. I just really wanted to OUT Ace Whole for the sneaky, rule non-conformant that he is.

........
........
........
Thirty minutes later, Ace calls me and is all of a sudden my best friend. He confesses that he DID tell me the season was over, and that he DID tell me that we were in first place. He said they decided that we would end the season with 11 games, and that we did take first, and we will play on Friday for a 12th game that won't count towards the season.



Bo and Ace are hunting buddies, so I didn't expect that I would ever get my way.

But, I sure wish I could be a fly on the wall.......




No comments: