Friday, May 3, 2013

I had a much better night tonight than I did last week.

First of all, I didn't have to talk to Ace Whole.

Second of all, HIS TEAM LOST TONIGHT to a team they have beaten 3 times!!!!

I hope that was the Karma that I was promised by a lot of well-wishers.

That puts my team in first place till next week's games.

During that game, my friend's daughter was pitching. She pitches pretty fast, but she hits a lot of batters. I think she had hit 4 batters before a dad on the opposing team came up to the fence and started yelling at Russ that the game was getting dangerous, and they needed to do something about her hitting girls. Russ yelled back at him defensively, that the batters have helmets on.....

The pitcher was flustered at the man's comments, so the umpire called timeout and went to talk to her. He told her she was a great pitcher, and that she wasn't going to get in trouble for hitting the girls. He told her that if that man said anything else to her that he would take action against HIM.

Later that night, Hubby gets a call from the pitcher's dad, Russ. He wants Bruce's address so that they can bring him a loaf of homemade bread and his favorite treat for handling the situation so well. : )

Remember, Ace Whole won't let Bruce ump our games? He was umping that one.



My team won tonight by 13 runs in the 4th inning. Shortened for the 10 run rule.

I had a girl pitch the first inning that has never pitched before. She did pretty good, but the other team managed to score 5 runs against us. I panicked and played my best pitcher the next 3 innings. Since we don't have a game tomorrow night, I was able to use her all I wanted.

I always keep score in my hand so that I can keep track of when we get 5 runs. But, I wasn't aware that the mercy rule had come upon us so quickly. By the time we got up to bat in 4th inning, we could only score 1 run before the game ended.

In our last at bats:

The first girl walked, then the next girl hit a triple, but I held them up on the bases so the game wouldn't end. (More girls wanted to bat.) My best hitter hit a pop fly to 2nd base that was missed, so the bases were loaded when Kinzie got up to bat. She hit it HARD, super hard on the ground between 1st and 2nd. I don't even know where the right fielder was, but Kinzie ran her 1 mile an hour pace and was able to score. (I don't know why she won't run fast anymore?)

So, anyway, a Grand Slam! It made her happy and feel really good. And now I owe her the menu from IN n OUT: Grand Slam= burger, fries, and a shake.

Earlier, Kinzie hit that ball so hard foul that it sent me scampering away from 3rd base. Then, she hit the ball super hard for an easy triple through the infield between SS and 3rd. The left fielder put her mitt down and the ball bounced right in. I think Kinz only got a single because of that lucky grab.

Some of my other girls got very good hits to the outfield as well.

My best batter hit a home run with 2 runners on and she was the 6th run. One girl threw a perfect throw to catcher and my runner got called out for not sliding on a close play. Crappy!

I had to miss most of Kort's game; mine was right after and I had to warm up my team. He got a hit to third, but stretched it into a triple after a bunch of bad throws.

I had to miss all of Kash's game; mine was at the same time.


No comments: