Wednesday, December 5, 2012

They got me.

The trickery of that store, they got me!
I didn't read the fine print on Kohl's cash.
I didn't realize that Kohl's cash was NOT like real cash at all.

First, I spent $106 and earned $30 in K cash. ($15 for every $50 spent)
The regional manager who was working the register when I checked out asked if I wanted to
apply for a Kohl's card and save $20 off this purchase.
Normally, I am NOT going to get one. But $20 seemed worth my time of 5 minutes.
After it's all said and done, I only got $15 in K cash.
I asked the guy why, and he said that it took the $20 off before the total. 
I looked at him dumbfounded.
I felt like I was uninformed or even tricked.
I told him right there that I would never have signed up for only $5.

Twenty dollars off my purchase instead of $15 in cash back =$5.

Besides the fact that I could have gotten another $15 dress shirt, 
and gotten another $15 back in K. cash. So basically a free shirt!

I hate gimmicks so bad, and I avoid them as best I can, but Kohl's got me on this one.

Then, I went to get my favorite bra that no one else in town carries. I expected to pay $2 for it.
I cost me $7.
They got me again!

When you use Kohl's cash, it takes the price down to a new price before they give you the
15% off for applying for a Kohl's card.
So, I got 15% off of $9 instead of 15% off $24.
Lame.

Obviously, I only shop at Kohl's a couple of times a year.
Obviously, that stat is not going up any time soon.

2 comments:

Jana said...

I do not use my Kohl's card. They got me every time too. If you get a great deal on a bunch of stuff (cumulative) and have to take back only one item, they will only give you pennies for it deducting your Kohl's cash discount off that one item. Blah!

I am staying on track with my spending this Christmas because I am staying clear of Kohl's. They have so much stuff that I don't know I need, and always such great deals!

Sweet Tooth Sulli said...

I won't buy stuff in their gimmick "case lot" sale either, unless I KNOW that I will never return it.

I guess I don't go there when they have really good sales. The only time I can find a deal is at Christmas time. This particular sale I bought $65 in paint with water books. Kamarie and Kauri LOVE them to literally pieces. Shhh