Sunday, October 28, 2012

I LOVE HOW MUCH MONEY GOOGLE SAVES ME!

This post could be continued several times every month.

This time, however, I fixed my cruise control for $18.21.

Yes, that's right, I , I , I  fixed it.

Well, me and Mr. Google.

I refused to take another trip in my 5 year old Suburban if the 

cruise control did not work.

I was needed to help drive the cheer team to the state playoffs for football, so there were some
things that needed to be done: oil changed, tires rotated, evidence of 7 children cleaned out, but
most importantly, the cruise fixed!

I found a forum where the people were talking about the cruise control not working on this year of Suburban, and some of them said to try checking the brake light switch.
I knew ours was having problems for years, cause the trailer brake
we have in it has a light that stays on all the time.

I took Kams and we went to the Chevy store and bought the part
the "forum" had said to buy.

Hubby switched out the part, and I couldn't wait to try it out.

Hubby also did all the other "honey do's" on the list. 
In the morning, I got a phone call telling me to bring my little car instead.
HA!
I had to wait an extra day to even find out if the new switch fixed
my cruise control.

It did!!!

I can't be a happy driver without my cruise control and that's that.

Hubby wanted to take over driving on our last long trip to Logan, cause I
was too tired to drive.
He thought I was too tired to drive, cause I couldn't keep the car on the road.

I explained to him that it is impossible for me to keep it on the road when
I have to look down at the speedometer every 20 seconds to see how fast
I am going (late at night with no one to follow.)

Up a hill down a hill up a hill down a hill....
You know how it is in Utah....
Yay for Google, and yay for cruise control.


1 comment:

Jana said...

You fixed it? Or you bought the appropriate part and Hubby fixed it? :) Anyway, congrats on the cruise control. What did people do in the olden days?