Saturday, October 13, 2012

Found some skeletons in Cedar--still sooo close.....


Some more snipits
to drive my sister crazy...


This was the most fun part.

Stinky,    but fun.

I used a soldering iron to carve names into the foam.
Works like a hot knife through butter.




Painted them all at once the first round.




Tricked the kids into thinking it was fun to paint the cut out letters. haha not fun.
There were A LOT of letters to paint.


Cutting the "stickum".





My favorite picture of the entire project!!!

See if you can guess what the HECK I am doing....


NO WAY YOU GUESSED IT !! I will tell you in a minute....

Don't use E 6000 on foam, haha, it EATS it right away!!!

This is construction adhesive for $2 at Wally's World.




Then, I had to "age" them...



Then, I had to garnish a few of them....





I have to wait for the glue to dry on the skeletons,
and I had to make a giant fake sucker.

Otherwise,
I am soooo close
to the big
"reveal".

Haha,

of course if you live in my town all you have to do is 

DRIVE BY!

Oh, yeah, what was I doing?

I was boiling my magnets! hahahahahha

Whoduhthunkit?

Hubbies idea.
The
magnets were sooo old and bent from being rolled up so long,
 that they would not relax enough to sit flat on metal surfaces
 and would not work.
So, I heated them in boiling water for 10 seconds 
and stuck them on my fridge and smoothed them out.
Worked
Like
MAGIC!!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

First of all, are you all still dressed like it's the middle of summer?!

Second, I don't remember how to get on pinterest.

Third, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED PROJECT!

Four, boiling magnets, just what I thought. :)

Sweet Tooth Sulli said...

I love driving my sister crazy!
First, yes, my kids still wear shorts and no jacket to school. I have been wearing a jacket since August. :)
Second, I don't either so I never log out.
Third, I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOW IT TO YOU!!!
Fourth, the magnet getting cut in the picture, Hubby soaked in the tub cause it was the end of the roll and very "rolled".