Saturday, October 1, 2011

Grandma's life BORING?


I was delayed getting to the bank. As I finally got in my car to go, I turned on my police scanner which I never have in my car, especially with fresh batteries. I never even listen in on the scanner.
I just happened to turn it on and within 30 seconds I heard D's name. Not many have that name so I became very attentive. When I heard A's name as being on the phone with the cops, I knew that I knew who it was. A was worried about her 8-yr-old daughter seeing the cops with their guns and getting scared.
A., D., and their dad have lived with my grandma for almost their whole lives.

I listened on the police scanner as this whole story played out!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so exciting that I called my mom and had her on the phone with me too.

They said the older woman had health issues and it would take her a while to get out of the house.
(Right here I am imagining my gma refusing to leave, cause she knows it is nothing.)
They even called for backup for a 4th car. As you can see, there were more that showed up. 
I heard them reporting that they were sneaking around the back of the house to the shed.
Every time they would say something, I would have to shush my mom on the phone so I could hear them talking. lol
The radio went quiet for a few minutes before they reported that the house was "clear."

What an exciting 20 minutes I had!
Then I woke up to my sister in Texas giving me the heads up on a story that was in the newspaper today.


Story on the front page of the Spectrum today...

My cousin  with her hands up.




My grandma with her youngest of 12 kids, his youngest of 4 kids is in handcuffs.





Her older sister with a chair for grandma.
All three live with grandma.

This picutre was on the front page of the paper today:




















In this one you can see A, D's dog, and A's 8-yr-old daughter.











I LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo.

I also have my own version of a similar photo in my gallery.
I will try to post it in a minute.

D. called 911 and  reported shots fired in the shed in the backyard.
Cops had to clear out the house to make sure there was no one in there.
Turned out to be a false report and D was arrested.
My sister had been at the house less than 30 minutes before D called 911.
She said that D was acting VERY strangely. More so than usual.
Word is she is on pain meds for a back injury she got from a car crash in the gorge.
Don't know what drugs she was on at the time of this incident.

If you know my grandma, you can understand why she looks so calm in these photos. 
She knows  nothing is wrong.
The police, however, don't know, so they had to act accordingly.

I AM SO THANKFUL THOSE COPS DID THEIR JOB RIGHT AND MADE SURE MY GRANDMA WAS SAFE. Even after D admitted to making a false report.

Here's the story in case thespecttrum has it blocked:




ST. GEORGE - Police responded with assault rifles drawn Monday evening to a St. George house after receiving what was later discovered to be a false report of multiple shootings in the house's backyard shed.
St. George Police Sgt. Johnny Heppler said officers rushed to the house on the 30 West block of 300 South with lights and sirens at about 5:30 p.m., secured a perimeter and entered the premises with weapons drawn.
"The only thing we knew was someone was saying someone was shot," he said. "We took tactical positions, so we had cover."
After determining no crime had occurred, police arrested 24-year-old Daphne Sue Alldredge on charges of 911 abuse, providing false information to a police officer and disorderly conduct. Alldredge was booked into Purgatory Correctional Facility on $1,486 bail.
"What she told the dispatchers didn't happen," Heppler said.
Alldredge's father, who declined to give his name, said his daughter suffered from mental issues and had a history with substance abuse. He said he hoped Monday's incident would result in his daughter getting the help she needs.
"I think it was a big cry for help," he said. "I think it was heaven sent."
It was still a scary event for the family inside the house.
Alldregdge's father was the first to encounter police as he walked out the front door to do some yard work.
"I came out to finish the shrubs and saw they were hiding out there with guns," he said. "I didn't know what to think."
Alldrege's sister, who also declined to be named, said she called 911 after seeing the officers as a way to ensure the situation wouldn't escalate.
"I said, 'You tell me what I need to do,'" she said, adding that she was fearful what effect seeing the guns would have on her 8-year-old daughter.
"I was freaking out for her," she said.
Police then questioned the family, searched the house and back yard, and left with Alldredge in custody.
Heppler said police take all reports of criminal activity seriously, adding that Monday's incident wasted resources that could be better utilized elsewhere.
"It definitely has an effect on the available officers at the time it is going on," he said of false reports. "We could be somewhere else taking care of an actual emergency."
Dan Larsen, who was working at his rental property across the street when the incident occurred, said he was glad to see officers make such brave moves.
"They were looking for action," he said. "They've got to do their job to keep us safe."

Posted by Picasa

No comments: