Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mother Days


I was trying to explain to my sister, Jana, who has 2 kids, what it's like to have 6 and try to get everyone anywhere. Each child has figured out that there's no need to hurry, because there's ALWAYS someone else that will be taking more time than him/her. Therefore, we have a family of 8 each TAKING HIS/HER TIME.

By the time you round up one child and find the flippies and the towel, you have to go find another 2 kids and flippies and sunscreen, then it's time to find the first one again, what about the other 3? I'm getting there... Find 2 more, pull them away from their friends, get the flippies and the shirts, go back and find the first 3 and their towels, where's the last one? Everybody go look for the last one. Found her, first 3 are now back with their friends. Repeat.

Sunday mornings go something like this: find a child and make sure she's found her shoes, by the time you do this, the other one's have already found and lost their ties. Find the ties-lose the ponytail holders- find the brush-take off the "bumpy" socks-find the talk-lose the scriptures-now the hair's messy-find the brush...again. "Comb your hair, go get your tie, where's your scriptures?, get your tie, got your talk?, put those socks back on, I told you to get your tie, where's your shoes, change those holey tights, why haven't you gotten your tie?, why haven't you combed your hair?"
"I TOLD YOU TO GET YOUR TIE!!!"
"Last one in the car is doing the dishes!!!!!"

Finally, some results. I should START with that line; one day I'll learn.

Thank Heavens that it's socially acceptable for large families to walk into 9:00 a.m. church at 9:20 a.m...

Jana wanted me to write it all down, it could be funny. I still plan to write it all down one day when I have time....Hah hah not.

Anyway, somebody already has a version of this that I could never beat. Here's the address:


If you like that one, try this about dads:


Anita's tribute to diets:



Anita's tribute to underwires:

One more, Anita's tribute to halitosis:

No comments: