Tuesday, May 27, 2014

T minus 14 hours



The Stake President's counselor, Pres Leslie, showed up right at 5 pm.

He interviewed Kyson for about 20 minutes in his room/play room.

We each took a minute to say things to Kyson why we think he will be a good missionary.

Kauri was so sweet and genuine, and cried the whole time she talked. I was very surprised she was so touched, because Kyson was not sweet to her at all this camping weekend.

Hubby's turn: he needed lots of tissues. He has gotten close with Kyson these past few summers while Kys worked with him.

I basically lectured Kyson, telling him that his maturity and experience living on his own was going to be a huge asset to his mission president and the people of Brazil, and to use it the best he could.
I told him his Patriarchal Blessing promised him way more blessings than was fair, and that he needs to live up to a lot of expectations in order for the Pat. blessing promises to be fulfilled.
I told him that I was excited and envious, and that I wish it was me that was going out on this adventure.

Kamarie refused to say anything and hid her head behind my arm, then she fell asleep.
This is hard on Kams. She is a Kyson favorite. She does not like "missing" him, and she counts down the days when he gets home from college.

Pres. Leslie, Hubby, Gpa Kay, (who calls himself the "fill-in" grandpa), and Koby all got to put their hands on Kyson's head.

Pres. Leslie set Kyson apart as a missionary for the church, and I felt the room get immediately HEAVY!
It felt as if all of Heaven was sitting on me. It was very HEAVY.
I don't think I have ever felt the Spirit that strong in that way before.








After all the hugs, Koby was basically Kyson's puppy dog the rest of the night. Kyson made him follow him everywhere. Since Koby has been ordained an Elder, Koby got to be his companion for the night.

(Missionaries are not supposed to ever be alone unless they are in the bathroom.)

Koby even had to get a cot and set it up in Kyson's room, so they could be together as companions.
They went to bed at 10:45, 15 minutes late, then the excitement took over, and they chatted for another hour before Kyson could go to sleep.

I stayed up way late going over my check list of things to make sure he had.
I put all my church and inspirational music on an mp3 for him.
Kash sold Kyson his speaker box he never uses, so Kyson's mp3 would be within the guidelines of missionary work.

No comments: