Monday, May 5, 2014

Let the Fun Begin!

He's home!

And I've only got the "shortest 3 weeks of my life" left with him!

He will spend every minute that he can working and earning money: helping his dad do concrete is not easy work.

We got him some baptism pants today. And a new set of scriptures. And a bunch of garments.

His scriptures were new for his baptism, and I was so excited that he was given scripture markers that I let him mark his scriptures as an 8 year old, and a 9 year old, and a 10 year old, and an 11 year old, and his scriptures look like it.

(Now, my rule is that kids can't mark them till they are 12.)

He is also trying to finish the Book of Mormon in 3 weeks.

I ordered the sheet music for the farewell today from the author. I left her a message that I needed it quickly, and she called me on the phone and found out what I needed and will even enclose the lyrics in Portuguese. :)

She will even throw in a 2nd copy for $1.50.

She will even autograph them to "Elder Sullivan". haha

Kys tried on several pair of slacks today to find the ones that fit just right. I had bought them on a really good Easter sale at JCPennney. Luckily, I only have to trade 2 pair.

Koby had to work after he got home from work with his dad, so he wasn't able to come with us today.

Since he graduated from high school already (his early-college high school), he is able to be ordained an Elder this coming Sunday, and after that, he is free to go to the temple. We have heard there is a huge rush at the temple the weekend after graduation, with all the boys who have turned 18 during the year. Koby wants to beat that rush.

Oh, man. . . .it's starting to get REAL.

Pass the tissues!








1 comment:

Jana said...

Crazy! Wish I was there to help see them off.