Thursday, February 28, 2013

StressBall: It Has STARTED already!

Little League Softball. . . HOOOOOOLY Coooooooww!

The crap has started and there have been no tryouts yet !!!!!

I coached the team that took 1st place last year in the MAJOR league softball.

Guess WHAT????????

I found out tonight that I don't get to coach this year,
cause I wasn't one of the first people to call up to get on the coaches list. . . . . . . 
. . . . . . . . . . . 
????????
Yes, you read that right.
The guy in charge this year decided that it was a 1st come, 1st served to get to coach.
And,
since his buddy called him before I did,
his buddy gets to take over the team
that I put together.

AS IF !!!!!!
.
.
I made a phone call.

I knew it wouldn't do any good,
but I phoned up the League President "B" anyway.

I was just calling him to let him know how I felt about this injustice that
has been committed, and how wrong it was that the fit throwing, GD swearing coach
get to keep his spot,
but I, who took first place,
and didn't swear or pitch fits at the umps,
lose my spot because I had no idea the reigns had changed or know who to call or that
I had to be first to do it.
.
Yep,
the crap has started, and I had no idea it could even happen like this.

.


I had called 6 people on the "softball board" that are new since last year that are listed on the washingtonll dot com website,
and the ones I could get a hold of said that they had nothing to do with
the softball portion of little league. I needed to call A.S.
Every time I tried to call A.S. (phone number posted on the "website"), I got sent to a
"full mailbox leave your number."
AS told me later that he switched jobs and he hasn't had that phone number for
6 months. (Like that was general knowledge.)

AS told me the coaching assignments had already been made, and I
was not one of them.
I asked why, and he said because I was not one of the first to call him.
I asked him where in the rules or written info anywhere did it say he could pick coaches
that way.
He asked me where it was written that he COULDN'T do it  that way.
Okay, I thought, You can't argue with an idiot !!!

He told me I had ample time to tell him I wanted to coach,
cause I saw him every Saturday since our daughters played on the same
basketball team.
I told him that I thought Matt was still in charge clear up until the last basketball
game. Then someone nonchalantly stated that the baseball board had taken over
the softball board.
I had NO IDEA there had been any changes to the softball board.

I told AS that it had NEVER EVER been done this way.
How was I supposed to know that there was all of a sudden a race to the
entrance fee table to see who gets to coach? That whole idea is asinine.

I asked if there had been a lot of complaints against me which would be the only
real reason I would lose my spot.
I told him I highly doubted I had a lot of complaints since I played each girl equally:
 every girl got to play infield of every game.
He repeated that back to me.
I could tell that was a new concept to him
to play everyone like that.
I know for a fact that my little tiny cousin
played right field of every single game if she wasn't sitting the bench,
 and batted 12th
of every single game on his team.

I asked how this new coach got to take over my spot,
and he said that AS knew him from last year, cause he coached the Minor
league team and he's a buddy of his.
Then who is coaching the team of the player who just moved up to the
next level, since her dad is done with this age.
Another player on the team's dad will coach that one.
Is Jericho coaching?
Yes, he was one of the first to call AS.
Who will coach AS's team.
His assistant from last year will coach for him since AS lives in Salt Lake, now.
What do you mean you live in SL?
He was calling me from his trailer in SL, cause that is where his new job is.
His family is at their home down here.

KIDDING ME? right?
He is going to try to run this 20+ team softball program by himself
FROM 300 MILES AWAY?!!!!!

I could not reason with this guy.
I accused him of being against me for some reason.
He denied that.
I accused him of not voting for me to be the Allstar coach last year,
cause he was mad at me for some reason.
He denied that and asked how I would know that he didn't
vote for me cause it was
anonymous.
I told him it was easy to figure out.
Jericho wasn't going to vote for me, cause he hates me for beating him,
and the pink team coach was going to vote for himself.
I voted for myself, so if AS had voted for me, then it would have been a tie.
HA
He assured me that it was nothing personal, but strictly a 1st come, 1st served.


I hung up with him and made that call to the league president.

I explained how I felt I had been unfairly pushed out of a position
 I had clearly earned.
I reminded him that it was general knowledge that unless a coach has some major
complaints from parents, then he gets to stay the coach of that team as long as he has
a kid on the team.
I reminded him that the rulebook states that the "board" shall vote on the coaches,
not just a single person.
I told B that 4 kids had chosen not to sign up for softball last year,
cause they did NOT want the pink team coach to stay their coach.
I took Kinzie off his team cause he did such a lousy job.
I told him that the coach wouldn't even teach the girls to steal 2nd on a passed ball.
Then, that coach (3rd place) was voted to coach the allstar team over me (1st place).
So, how am I now getting gypped out of a spot if no one has those
sorts of complaints about ME?

I told him that I had no knowledge whatsoever that there had been a change in the
softball board. No one had sent me and email notifying me of the change, and
that Matt had asked me last year over and over again if I was going to coach.
I had told him over and over that I would do it.

I told B that AS had never asked ME at the basketball games if I intended to coach.
And why was it up to me to ask him.
I told B that AS should have given up this position on the softball board as soon
as he took that job in SL 6 months ago.
I told B that I know I am the only coach that let the little tiny girls have their
fair amount of time playing, especially on the infield,
and I was careful with their self esteems.
No one else can say that!

I told both men that a courtesy call to the previous coaches was not an outrageous
expectation. Especially, the 1st place team. HELLO?!!

The pres. said he could see my point and that he needed to do a little
fact gathering and talk to AS about it all.

It would be a huge stress relief for me to not to have to worry about it all.
Kinzie, though, was really stressing about the news.


About 20 minutes after I got off the phone with B, the league pres,

I got a phone call back from AS from Salt Lake.

He simply stated, "Danette, you're coaching. Be there for tryouts Sat. morning."


: )

(I think)

No comments: