Monday, February 11, 2013

rio Chicken tacos for Kyson


this is a reprint so he doesn't have to go searching my blog for it clear back in August's post.

Frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts, as many as will fit in the crock pot.
A cup or so of picante sauce.
A large can of green chili enchilada sauce. or a bottle of salsa verde
Half teaspoon of cumin and one teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
1 T lime juice
a handful of chopped cilantro or 3-4 cilantro cubes or both. haha I like cilantro!

I cooked it on high till church was over. 3-4 hours cause we were in a hurry.
Otherwise, I would've cooked it on low for 6-8 hours to make it even more tender.
(maybe a few shakes of season all if  you have it.)

If you want to thicken the juice: corn starch or flour and water,1/2 cup of water and a couple of handfuls of flour mixed in a cup then stirred into the chicken; boiling makes the thickener work.
My crockpot recipes always have me add the thickener at the end. I don't know why, and I never cared enough to look it up.

We put it on "cook it yourself" tortillas.

Cheese
Shredded lettuce (I like Romaine cause it's crispy and it's what Cafe Rio uses.)
Ranch dressing
Olives
Tomatoes

Make enough tortillas for seconds.

Oops, I forgot to add salt....
okay, so it tastes good with salty tortilla chips, too.

No comments: