Sunday, August 5, 2012

cafe rio pork

I am putting this on here for my own record, so I remember how to make it later.
I didn't use chicken broth or coke, and I didn't soak it overnight, and it turned out pretty darn good.
I usually just use 1 cup of salsa and 1 cup of brown sugar and put it all in a crock pot. This time it seemed a lot sweet, so I searched for a recipe to offset the sweetness and found this one.
It needed the cayenne pepper for sure and the cumin was a good touch as well....

Cafe Rio Pulled Pork

Submitted by: GOLEAN@38


Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients

31/2-4 lb pork roast
2 Tb brown sugar
1 tsp red cayenne pepper
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1 can coke
1 cup chicken broth
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 small onions, chopped

localoffersIcon SAVE NOW

1 cup brown sugar

 
 Save Now


Directions

Night before: Mix together brown sugar, cayenne, cumin, and salt. Rub on roast. Put in crock pot on LOW all night.
Next morning: Add coke, chicken broth, garlic and onions. Keep on LOW until ready to serve. About 1 hour before serving, shred roast and add 1 cup brown sugar. Use in salads, tacos, or burritos.
Serves 12

No comments: