Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tidal Waves

I need some creatively, cute cheers to yell between innings for my softball team.
Our assigned color is teal, so we chose our mascot to be Tidal Waves.
"Make a Wave!"  stuff like that.

I sure hope we don't look like idiots tonight. 
We look pretty good during the practices, 
but add pressure and first game jitters to the mix,
 and it's a whole new ball game.
Besides the fact that my best hitter has never played 
an organized game before, just family games on the beach.
 (I got the first 3 picks remember, and she wasn't them. 
But, it turns out she hits better than my first pick!)
Besides the fact that one girl's father played pro baseball, 
her mother was a ballerina, and the girl has never put a mitt on before.
One of my other players only played coach pitch 3 years ago, so she knew nothing about anything at the first practice.
That's okay, she fits right in with me. 
I have never played fast pitch before, 
and here I am trying to teach them how to hit a fast pitch ball?
Nor have I coached before, so tonight will be a first for a lot of us.
We play the team I stole Kinzie off of. 

Of the 40 ish teams in the LL this year, 
I may be only one of two women coaching.
How's that for staying under the radar?



1 comment:

Jana said...

No creativity coming from my direction.

Jaydan's soccer team is named "Galaxy 2" because there are two teams named Galaxy (out of 5 teams total). Someone wasn't paying attention there! Too bad we couldn't name our own team. Your name is very cool.