Thursday, March 8, 2012

Coaching!

I am COACHING!
Like I have time.
But, Kinzie was begging me to coach her Little League softball team.
I had to kype her from her other team, though.
There were enough girls to make 4 Majors teams this year instead of only 3.
Yay! that's good news because, 
now we don't have to travel to Santa Clara 
or Hurricane to play games with them!
I got the first 3 "picks", cause I am coaching the new team.
They may regret that decision. One of my players is probably better than I am.
I just found out she was on Kinzie's boy's baseball team when she was 7. 
She was good even then.
I am hoping I can make this a fun enough experience to win over my players
that are set on playing other sports.
 I have to work a practice schedule around 
a swimmer, 2 volleyball players, 4-5 soccer players, and a gymnast.
(Not to mention my own kids soccer games, soccer practices, baseball practices,
 and my assistant coaches kid's high school softball schedule!)
I had to "trade" for Kinzie with a very aggressive 10-yr-old 
that also pitches that I had picked for my team.
I also have my teeny tiny niece, Hunter A, on my team.

We've had one practice, and so far, I am impressed with my youngish team.

If you have any ideas of how to make it more fun, 
let me have them!


No comments: