Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My friend Dixie Clark passed away.

Last night, Monday, Aug 8.

I have a lot of fond memories of being associated with her.

Today, I made what I call Dixie Caramel Popcorn in her honor.

She brought me some for a Christmas gift years and years ago.
It was so good that I never shared it.
She gave me the recipe, and if I make it, I can't quit eating it.
Everytime I make it, I think of her.

She was Koby's Bear Den Leader.

We were pregnant together with our 13 year old boys.

We took their family to the lake one time, and while on the two-man tube,
we laughed and laughed and smacked our heads into each other.

Kash played baseball on her husbands team more than once and my Hubby helped him coach.

Her daughter cheered on the high school team with my son.

She taught primary while I was a counselor in the presidency.

She stopped by my house and gave me a big hug when my unborn baby died at 19 weeks.
That's what meant the most.

I miss you, Dixie.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Your blog makes me sad.