Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's VALENTINES Day, people, not the prom!

You get a box of Valentines, tape a piece of candy to each card, and give it out at school (x5 kids)!



What are some people thinking?!
.
.
.
.

Kinzie got this "Valentine, You Rock!"
.
.
.

and Kashton got this wrapped around some chunky candy bars....
in a mini baggie with a matching label stapled at the top.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Kortlen got several baggies with 3-4 snack size candy bars in each.
I just keep telling myself that each of those families only have one kid.
.
.
.
.
.
Good news though,
we used up the candy that the kids didn't eat
after they went Trick-or-treating ...
.
.

.
.
.
lol


4 comments:

Jana said...

GOOD IDEA, giving out Halloween candy. We now have Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine candy all mixed together! I can't believe those specialty printed candy bar wrappers. That's nuts!

Anonymous said...

I HAVE wonder exactly HOW those parents got so rich! Anyway,I hope you had a great Saint Valentine's day!

Micheline said...

Hey - I saw the "you rocks" idea in the Family Fun magazine. I guess someone else must have seen it too! I think the papers were probably from an digital scrapbooking line that they printed off and put on their candy bars. As for me - I have always just done like you Danette - a valentine with some candy hearts attached. But this year - Valentines were the same price at target as a 24 pack of special Valentine Fun dips - so that's what Dani did. It had a place to put to: & from: Easy enough - valentine and candy in one!! She got about 3 back from other kids!

Photography By Jo said...

lol good way to use up your Halloween Candy!!