Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Where was I?

A week or so ago, I heard a story on the local tv news that
some "guy" went to the DI and was handing out $100 bills to everyone.
I was like, "I'm gonna go hang out at the DI and wait for him to come back."
Tonight I found out who it was, because I ran into my friend/neighbor.
and her husband. The husband,
who happens to be on my scout committee
and my right hand man for Boards of Review, works for the "guy."
The guy, who is in his late 20's or early 30's,
called 10 of his buddies to come help him and he gave them
$10,000 each,
in $100 bills to give to random people they saw.
(Hey, wait a minute, he saw me, so what gives????)
I think they each got that much, because my friend
still had $5000 in his pocket when we saw him.
Anyhow, they went around town today
and this past week handing out the money.
How would that be?
You get to see the benefits first-hand and see peoples' reactions
and be a hero, without getting poor.
People would cry when they gave them the money.
My neighbor gave a homeless guy outside of walmart $600.
What a cool thing to be a part of.
Anyway, I thought I'd let you know that this kind of thing is going on.
It makes me feel good to know that I'll get to hear some of the stories first-hand.
.
P.S. The "guy" redid the kitchen in his houseboat,
and just gave the perfectly good older cabinets away to someone.....us.
That's what Chris and Courtney are using up in our "playroom."
.

1 comment:

Micheline said...

That is pretty cool! I can't imagine having that kind of money to just give away - but it's great that there are people out there who can. What a wonderful thing to be a part of.