Thursday, June 4, 2015

A birthday that was "SEW FUN" !



My oldest daughter made herself a skirt at age 10.
My second daughter started begging me by age 6 to make her own skirt.
To cut down on the number of "buggings" I got for the next 4 years, 
I made a rule that you have to be 10 in order to use my sewing machine. 

She turned 10!
and
let the "buggings" begin!

They started the day of her birthday...
Since she was born on a day that is ALWAYS on Memorial weekend,
she never gets to have her birthday party on her birthday.

This year, she desperately wanted
a "sewing" birthday party.


I thought it would be impossible to find ideas for a cake.
NOPE.
Every old lady that sews has had a sewing cake made for her...

AND, THEY ALL LOOK HARD! ! !

I
toned them
all down a ton
and came up with this:


needle and thread...




Back side:



We wanted to "sew" for the party activity, so we made these backpack hangers.

Mine .  . .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .    .    .    . Kauri's



I sewed my sample together in about 20 minutes.

I realized
that I was in big trouble
when the girls
got out their bags of supplies and  I told them to "thread your needle."

One of the girls held up her needle and asked me,
"which end do i thread?"





Then, the threaded needle would end up with 6 inches of thread,
so we were constantly
CONSTANTLY
threading needles and tying knots.
Ten year old girls don't
understand
how to tie a knot.
LOL









No comments: