Monday, January 20, 2014

Me and Murphy! I am so used to him and his law; I live by it.

Saturday.
Couldn't get to sleep last night till 2 am., and I had to get up early with lots of things to do.

The Schedule:

Koby and Kash swim meet at 9 a.m.
Kort's basketball game at 10 a.m.
Go to Wal-mart for milk and birthday presents.
Go to Home Depot to buy parts for a shower.
Go to Lowe's to buy parts for a shower since HD didn't have what we needed.
Kauri's birthday party at 12 p.m.
Kinzie's basketball game at 2 p.m.
Kauri's basketball game at 4 p.m.
Kash's gamers party at 4:30 p.m.
Koby leaving for pictures for Senior Ball at 4:30.
Kinzie's birthday party at 7 p.m. (across town).
Kash's stake dance at 8:30.

I was already short on time, and needed to get to work on the corsage, but we had to stop
at the stores.

Milk has gone up 33% since Christmas.
Now if I could
just convince my kids to stop drinking it for every thirst quench,
so that we don't use 1.5 gallons a day.

HomeDepot had the vinyl flooring we needed, 
but their only roll had slices through it 5 layers deep.
Lowe's claimed they didn't even have any, 
but I found some there, and it was too little, so we had to buy 2 of them.
I didn't have time for the 1 store,
let alone all 3 of them.

Didn't make it home in time to get the gift to Kauri and give her a ride, so
Kinz had to walk her to it.

The Corsage:
It is not
rocket science to tie a corsage ribbon,
so WHY CAN'T I DO IT?!!!
Strike One.

I gave up
on the ribbon and went to work on the bracelet.

The bracelet was lost!
Strike Two.

I gave up 
on the bracelet and went to work on the flower
and baby's breath.

My floral tape was missing!
Strike Three!
I was sooooo out of time.

I spent the next hour searching my craft storage area for the floral tape and bracelet.

Kinzie and I couldn't find them.
Lost time = Strike Four.

While I was looking, I accidentally pulled out the plug to the only light source to the craft corner.
Strike Five.
The plug is behind my ginormous headboard and would take a miracle to fix it,
so instead, I had a meltdown.

Hubby was busy doing his own project fixing a shower, so
he was unavailable.

Out of desperation, I called him. He dropped everything and went the 10 miles to
go get me some floral tape.

He was already on his way to the store when we realized Kinz had to be to her game in
10 minutes,
Strike Six.
so he had to come back and get her and drop her off.

Which meant that I would be late to see her game. pffffft.
Strike Seven.

Finally got to Kinz's game,
but when we got home I only had a half an hour to put the corsage together
before going to Kauri's game.
I would have had longer if she had found a ride like I requested her to do, but didn't happen.

I got the corsage all put together and was attaching it to the bracelet with wire,
and the wire SLICED the rose right off of its stem at the base of the flower!!!
Strike Eight, Nine, and Ten!

OMH

Now what am I supposed to do?

I tried hot glue like everyone uses on you tube, but
it wouldn't work for me, cause I didn't have time to wait for it to get super hot.
?
?
?
I tried it one more time since the glue had time to heat up while I tried to figure out what to do,
 and we won't know if it worked till
later tonight.


I strung a ribbon through the bracelet because the bracelet is too big
for Allisyn's wrist, and she can tie it on so it won't flop around.





Then Kauri and I were late for Kauri's game.
Strike: ?, I lost track. then she got a jammed thumb and couldn't play most the game.

I wanted to find Koby to take pictures of him and his date,
but he didn't know where he was,
BUT
he called me right back to let me know he forgot he had the
salad assignment.
Strike: I lost track plus 1.

Now, it's 5:30, and Costco will be closed before I can get there
to get more lettuce for me to eat tomorrow.
I had to
give every last shred (haha, get it?) to the dates.

I had to cut it all up, make dressing, and find containers to put it all in.

(That reminds me of a funny meme I saw:
Tupperware?
More like TupperWHERE?!
WHERE THE FREAK IS THE FREAKING LID!
Hahahaha)

Then, we couldn't find Koby's picture session.
He left his phone in the car.
They ended up being a mile away from where he said they would be.
It was so dark by now that my
snapshot of them will not turn out!
Strike: whatever plus 2.

She had her dress custom made in Mexico and
shipped to her.
I hate that I could not do justice with a picture in the dark.

(most of their fellow daters were an hour late to pictures, so they
had to take them after dark. : (

Then, we no longer had time to go on a date before Kinzie had to be somewhere.
Yep, another strike.
We had to go clear across town to get Kinz at home and take her back to where
we had just been, to get her to her bday party.

That reminds me. 
There is a bridge approved and okay'd to start any day now that will be so close to my house that
"clear across town" will only be a couple of miles away.
YAY
YAY
YAY
just not today.

I was gonna give myself a break from my Saturday night addiction on account of
eating too much Christmas Junk,
but if I was going to be anywhere near tolerable to live with,
I HAD TO HAVE IT!

So, I caved and got my Durango's small pork salad in a hard shell
with black beans, lime rice, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole and extra pico and Cholula sauce.

Okay, I am back to my bipolar personality number 1 for a few hours.  : )

and then we get a phone call from Kash, who has a ride to the dance, but now needs
us to come get him at his party and give him a ride home to finish his chores before he can go to the dance, but
the friend's parents somehow can't give him a ride a mile up the street to his house.
So, we have to leave Durango's with my meal half eaten

: (

and drive clear across town to get Kash and take him home then drive him clear in the freak across town to the dance. Strike whatever.

And there you have a day in the life of me.
Phew.

Thank goodness I had a picture turn out!!!

Koby and Allisyn.



Koby's girlfriend, Allisyn, made his boutonniere.


2 comments:

Jana said...

The busy-ness of your family makes my head spin!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the trouble you went through. It was the most perfect night ever!!!!!!