Monday, September 23, 2013

". . .Birthday To Me, . . .Birthday To Me!"

It was another "birthday."

The kids fought all day. The entire freaking day!

Primary program day and our kids were on time for church.

"On time" means they were late, and the pressure of that stigma weighed greatly on me.

Hubby was sick. His uvula was swollen really bad and super sore. It was better by church time, and he gargled with salt and baking soda water, then gargled with ST37. (I had to have the pharmacist order this for me years ago.)

I was excited for RS. The teacher was super sarcastic and super funny. But, it wasn't her turn today, so it was someone else. I hate boring RS lessons. If the "raise your hand and give me answers" ends up being "go to church", "read the scriptures", "say your prayers", etc, it makes me cringe.

It offends my need to not feel stupid.



Hubby was sick, so to make him make me dinner was selfish beyond question, so I made my birthday dinner. (When he is sick, he is way sick.)

Kinzie made my cake. She made my frosting. Then, she made my homemade ice cream with help of her dad.

As I am trying to get some Halloween prop put together, nothing is going right. Some of my kids wouldn't even help when I asked them to.


The kitchen sink stinks. Really bad. Some dish water and dishes got left in there for days without being noticed while I was out of town, and started stinking. No one bothered to clean anything in the house above and beyond what is required of them on a Saturday.

No one did the dishes above and beyond what is required of their turn of loading the dishwasher. (which never really gets ALL the dishes done.)

A LOT of fighting between kids, a LOT of noise for a sick husband, a lot of non-help, a lot of things going wrong. So, basically, another birthday just like all the others.

That's why my sister always wishes me "birthday" on my birthday, cause "Happy" bestows a lot of pressure on a birthday.

(A visit from a neighbor to bring me some homemade salsa revealed to me that my son is in trouble and "on his own" when it comes to Boy Scouts when he turns 11 next month. Not a welcome thought. The 11 year old's scout leader won't take the boys on a camp out. They can't advance without camp outs. If they have not passed off their first three advancements before they turn 12, then the 12 year old's scout leader refuses to help them, cause he doesn't have time to go backwards. Then again, the scout leader doesn't believe in merit badges. He believes scouts should only get what is required of them to become an Eagle and that is it. Oh, My. I. Am. Going. To. Be. Offending. Some. People. Soon. I. Can. Tell. !)

PS. and it turned cold today. I don't like cold.


2 comments:

Jana said...

Sounds like someone needs to lower her expectations. ;)

Jana said...

Like, a lot.