Monday, March 18, 2013

Holy Freaking Freezer Frenzy!

I decided to do a favor for my Hubby and I defrosted the freezer without him...:)

I had Kinz hold the hair dryer to melt the biggest chunks of ice while I carefully scraped the rest of it away.

We put all the food in ice chests like always, then put it all back in organized and neat after the freezer was all towel-dried out.

I turned the freezer back on, and it came on like always.

Four days later, we stocked up on chicken while it was on sale at Costco. We went to put it in the freezer and found the freezer was off!!!

I figured I had punctured a hole in the freezer lines, and all the freon had leaked out, then burned out the compressor, so we'd need a new freezer.

A frantic call to mom for freezer space was a no go. She has 3 freezers, but no space in them. ?

We turned on the freezer upstairs in the empty apt. and shoved it clear full of chicken and veggies.

We turned on the freezer in the travel trailer and filled it full of pies and Popsicles.

Then I went on a cleansing spree for the freezer in the side by side. If it was frosted over, it was tossed. If it was a mystery, it was tossed. If is was a  .20 frozen banana waiting to be made into banana sour cream cake, it was tossed.

In my hurry, I shattered the light bulb in the side by freezer.

While I tried to remove the light bulb, I sliced my finger.

While I tried to carefully, carefully put the light bulb pieces in the garbage, I dropped it, and it shattered all over the floor with barefoot me and barefoot kids all over the place.

I pulled out all the space wasting baskets and shoved the freezer full of all the roasts and ice cream.

The big bag of chicken thighs were icy to thawed, so I had Kort put the lot in the crock pot and turn it on.

(I purposely put all the expensive stuff in the big freezer where it stays cold the longest, cause we have had kids leave the freezer open for days before, and I know where the meat needs to be to stay frozen.)

If it could be refrigerated like cheese and butter, I packed the fridge with those.

Hubby pulled the freezer out from the wall and touched the wires that run to the compressor, there was a spark, and then the compressor turned on. ? ? ? ? ? ?

Now, the freezer is working just fine.  ? ? ?

Whew, right?

But, in the mean time, I hate tests, I always FAIL them...

1 comment:

Jana said...

Note to self: when you buy a freezer, buy the frost-free kind. ;)