Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A call in to Uncle Jeffrey as told by Lisa Terry Hardy

I had called my Uncle Jeff not knowing he would be home, so I was prepared for an answering machine- but he answered the telephone.
I had said, "Uncle Jeff, this is Lisa-your niece."
He said, "Well Lisa, it wasn't too long ago we just seen you."
I replied, "I know, and I'm sorry to bother you, because I know you are so busy."
He said, "No problem-what's on your mind?"
I mentioned that a very good friend of ours is sick and I wondered if you could put his name in the temple for all the apostles.
He said, "Sure, there's a special prayer circle that we read the names individually. I'd be happy to. What's the name?"
"Danny Alldredge."
He said, "Danny Alldredge from St. George? That went to school with my brother? He's about 50-60?"
"Yes, more than likely, that's him. He's been diagnosed with kidney cancer, and it's spread to his lungs. He has less than 3 months- maybe even weeks to live."
He said, "Oh, shoot! Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear."
"Can you also bless their children on missions-they have 2 (on missions), and the whole family?
He said, "You bet! I'd be glad to. Be glad to. I'll take care of that right now."

Sometime between April 15th and July 1996.
Danette's really good friend from college, Val Hardy, married Lisa Terry from Enterprise. 
Lisa's mother's sister is married to Jeffrey Holland.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Thank you for posting this.