Sunday, June 17, 2012

All-star coach?

Hahahaha!

The league "voted" on the all-star coach.
Yeah, I know, right?

My assistant coach coached in this league 2 years ago, and back then, whoever coached the winning team got to automatically coach the all-stars.

I have been told that this is the same as the boys. First place coach gets to coach all-stars.

I have no idea how the all-star coach was picked last year, because I think the assistant coach of the winning team coached the girls. Some of the other coaches were coaching the younger girls' all-star team. They may have voted, or they may have just picked whoever could do it.

I went to the "all-star draft". It was held at a pizza parlor. That was weird for me. I was glad my assistant had been invited, or I would have had no friends (allies) there. He was invited also because he was the coach of an older team, which he would then be the allstar coach, since there were only two coaches, and they would both do it.

We each put names up to vote and I could tell by the end of the night which two coaches were not going to vote for my daughter to be on the team. One coach was not going to vote for her, because he was being loyal to his own player (who is decent, but NOT all-star material), and the other coach was not going to vote for her, because he was mad at her for telling his daughter about the cheated win, and he was mad at me for everything else.

(Apparently, the girls on the team had no idea that their coach cheated and lied to win that game. We thought for sure that the girls knew. We found out when Kinzie mentioned the game to the daughter of the coach that cheated us. The girl went home and told her dad Kinzie said he cheated. The cheating coach and his wife were furious and felt like it was a "bullying situation" and the President of our girls little league calls me up to have Kinzie apologize to the girl. And to tell me that stuff like this needs to stay on the field and stay between the coaches.
He cheated my 12 girls and their families out of a fair game, and he thinks it needs to stay between coaches.
Yeah, bullying situations at the intermediate school are now being handled by the little league! not the school principal!
I was furious at this phone call. The guy on the phone was a class-mate of mine. I used to respect him a ton! I yelled at him for calling me. I asked him if he had called Jerico and talked to him about swearing in front of little girls at  that one game. He hadn't. He asked me if I thought he needed to. He asked me if I had been offended by the other coach swearing and taking God's name in vain. I told him "heck yeah, and so were my players and their parents that heard him swearing.")

So, of course Kinzie didn't get those two votes for sure.

Then, "the powers" told us to vote for a coach to be the all-star coach.....

Of the 4 coaches and 4 assistant coaches, only 2 coaches and 1 assistant were available to coach the all-stars: one was me, one was the assistant that coached it last year, and the other was the coach that took 3rd place. The cheater coach could only help during the week.

There could be no announcement until June 15, so on that day we found out what I ALREADY KNEW!
Kinzie didn't get voted on and should have been and I didn't get voted on the team either.......SHOCKER!!!

So, 3rd place coach it is!

I have no idea who his assistant is.

BTW, the 3rd place coach is the one that coached Kinzie last year. the one that taught her NOTHING.
I showed him at the 3rd game last year where it says in the rule book that they can steal 1st base on a dropped third strike. He wouldn't even have them steal 2nd on a passed ball.

Put up or shut up, so I signed up to coach.

I was sitting at the registration table when 4 of his returning players came in to sign up. When they found out he was going to still be their coach, they rolled their eyes in disappointment. Another girl did not sign up altogether when she found out he was still her coach.

This is the same coach that several of us tried to get kicked out of the job, cause he was so lame about it and wouldn't teach them anything. The same coach that told me to expect a losing season since I am the new team. The same coach that had his 3rd practice of the season on the night of their first game. My team had had 8 pre-season practices.


So, my summer just freed up! It is such a relief! Kinzie really wanted to be on the team; if she was, I really wanted to coach her. But, now that we're not, WHEW!!!


Big Sigh Of Relief! Little League stresses me out! It always has!






2 comments:

Cheryl said...

How dumb. I hate politics. Always have. That's why I refused to try out for anything. Ever. My little rebellion against everyone else.

I'm glad they are stuck with a dumb coach because they earned it. (dumb = not smart enough to see who the most qualified candidate that earned it)

In other news, Glad your summer freed up! Evie can't wait to play with her cousins.

Jana said...

Ditto what Cheryl said. Swim team takes up enough time. When's your boat going to the shop? :)