Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pneumonia!!

Kamarie has pneumonia!
She started coughing the same day I did. Last Wednesday.
We have coughed the same each day since then.
We have both felt yucky the same, taken medicine the same, been lethargic the same.
It has been very comforting to Kams for me to say,"you're sick, I'm sick, we're both sick, together!"
And she'll say, "yeeaahh..." as she wimpers closer in my arms.

Until last night, then she started coughing different. It sounded like a useless cough. Like it was very annoying, but not being very productive at all. she would cough and cough and cough, then repeat.
Cough meds didn't seem to help. Then during the night and this morning, more useless coughing.
Supposedly, someone at the Int. School has Whooping Cough so I was worried about her having that.
(Until I gooogled it and listened to what a "whoop" cough sounds like, then I knew it wasn't. Cause a "whoop" sounding cough sounds like a laryngospasm!!!! not a "whoop").
I took her to the pediatrician, and besides the ear infection, she has a popping sound in her lungs! the pediatrician handed me the stethescope so I could hear the "pop." I couldn't believe it! Pneumonia.

I asked him to listen to my lungs to see if I had the same thing, so he did.
I also have an ear infection, but I have bronchitis.
He wrote me out a Rx also. Cool. Saved me the trouble of getting an appt.

Kams is way more miserable than I am today.
I was super yucky sick Sun and Mon. but had to chase Hubby around town with errands today.

The incubation period for bronchitis could be 4 days for certain ones, 2 to 4 weeks for others.
So, YES, Hubby! We are blaming YOU!
You are the only one we have both slept with this past month.

BTW, hubby, next time you are sick like that, you are NOT NOT NOT sleeping in our room!


1 comment:

Jana said...

How sad! I hate it when the helpless little ones are sick. I've never had to deal with pneumonia. How scary!