Sunday, February 5, 2012

Got a new calling today.

BUT, I can't tell you yet.
Here's a clue: I had to meet with a member of the Stake Presidency!
But in the meantime, here is the exciting news I found out about while I was visiting with Bro. Wilstead.


http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/61916/New-mission-presidents.html

The Wilstead's are the 7th couple down.

Until I got kicked out of their ward 4-5 months ago, I was Denise's visiting teacher for a few years!

They aren't allowed to announce where they will be going yet, but they will have to learn a foreign language.
They only get 4 days in the MTC for training. YIKES!

They have a huge piece of property out here by me, and a horse corral out back and she has horses and dogs. They put their house up for sale, (houses aren't selling super well right now around here) and got a cash offer in 7 days. The buyers are letting them rent it back till they leave in 4 months. Unbelievable!

Super, super neat people! She was always easy to talk to.

The church announced it 3 weeks ago, but my new ward didn't! But, I was glad to hear it from him. It made the whole ordeal more real to hear his prospective. They will be gone 3 years.

Last time someone from my stake got called to be a mission pres, was about 5 years ago. It was our Stake Pres. and he had to move with 2-3 sons to a S. American country.

I told Bro. Wilstead that he needed to drink more Diet Cokes to prevent scary callings like this one!


No comments: