Thursday, September 3, 2009

I used to drive the school bus

and if there was a question
as to where the kindergarteners lived,
I hoped they knew their phone numbers.
They
never
did.
.
.
I was surprised to find that my 4 yr-old
had kept calling her dad on his cell phone 12 times a day.
She had memorized it.
Cool.
.
.
Better than cool when you hear her story that happened today.
.
.
.
Hubby had taken one of our kids to his school for a football game.
I was sitting at an SEP
for one of our elementary kids.
.
Hubby is 7 miles away from our house when he got
a phone call from a stranger (woman) telling
him that she had just found our daughter
riding her bike
in the middle of ______street.
Which happens to be the 35 mph windy road
with blind spots near our house.
.
.
.
.
She was trying to follow me to the elementary.
She told Koby that she was coming with me,
and he was in the bathroom when she left on her bike.
.
.
Hubby told her that our son would be right there to get her.
He phoned home and
Koby was out the door to go get her
before he could finish the story.
.
.
No one in that neighborhood 2.5 blocks away knows Kauri.
.
.
.
The ONLY way
the woman found us
was because Kauri
knew
his
phone number.
.
.
Kauri wasn't scared, but of course,
I freaked out when I found out.
I just barely
started letting Kash cross that street.
Not to mention,
Jaycee Dugaard.
.
.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Holy Crap, Kauri!! Scary.