Tuesday, July 7, 2009

How'd you do that?!!!!!


How tall is this chair?



Well,

who really cares,

but

just in case this ever happens to you again,

you might want to know......

.

it is

exactly the length

of the space between

Kinzie's bed

and her door

+ 1/2 inch.



WHY do I know that?


Because,


two weeks ago, my hubby and my two oldest boys


left for 6 days to go earn some silly 50-miler patch.


On the morning of day 2 of them being gone, (and no cell service)


as we were cleaning Kinzie's room,


this chair,


which we had left leaning against her bed,


fell over


and pinned her door shut with no one in the room.


This is as far as Kinzie could reach her hand through the door.

.

.


What to do?

(At least their swim suits and some of their clothes


were in the other room, so they will have other clothes to wear.)


Kinz and Kauri will have to sleep on the couch. . . .


unless they have a genius mother like ME!!!


It took several attempts at different ideas, but


I got their door open.

Okay,

now's your chance to throw out your

own genius ideas.

How'd I get her door open?

(It did not involve going through her window

or an attic

and I'm 99.9% sure nobody will guess this.)

What would YOU do? (Besides cry, I did that, too.)

14 comments:

Joshua said...

I think you stuck something long and skinny under the door and pushed the chair out of the way.

Jana said...

Did you take the door off? I saw that in the movie Ever After.

Sweet Tooth Sulli said...

Tried the long and skinny, but the chair was too heavy.
The door hinges are on the inside of the door.

Cheryl said...

use a yard stick and use it to turn the chair so there was room to open the door.

Jana said...

Did you somehow get the chair to open by pushing on it under the door?

How many guesses do we get?

Jana said...

Did it involve anything from Sky High such as a guinea pig through the vent or a puddle under the door?

Steve said...

Well...
first I would try to get something under the door to maybe push it towards the opening to grab it or away from the opening to be able to open the door more.
Second, I would maybe try to reach from the side and grab it.
Third, I would get one of Carls straps (or something similar) and go from the top of the door and try to catch the back of it and pull it up. This would have to be done with some sort of hook or a strong magnet attached to a rope or strap.
Fourth, I would try something similar after taking off the door handle.
Fifth, get Carl's skill saw and cut the bottom of the door enough to slide the chair out.
Last, burn down the door (and the house and collect the insurance money to buy a new door).

By the way my ideas for the baby are:
Kelsy
Kammie
Kahmay
Karolyn
Kana (haha)
Kayloni

Sweet Tooth Sulli said...

As many guesses as you want.
No one is even close, and remember, Steve, my husband was gone, so no access to straps or skill saw or another place to live and besides the doorknob screws are on the inside of the door with the door hinges. I guess I should've said that under the door has enough room for barely my fingers or a skinny book. And not enough room to get my childs fishing pole hook through the crack at the side.
Tried the yardstick, chair was too heavy and wedged to budge or to turn.
Keep trying.
You are so gonna think I'm a genius!!

Joshua/Steve said...

Tttttttthhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiissssssss iiiiiiiiiisssssssss hhhhaaarrrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddd !!!!!!!!! We, dad and I, (this is dad writing) think that you might have pushed the door hard to get the chair even more stuck so that there would be more room from the bed to the door.
Or a spatula type thing to pry it up.

Jana said...

Maybe you switched her room with Kort's and opened the door right up.

Jana said...

Clues please!

Jana said...

A marshmallow roasting stick! You stuck it through the side of the door, lowered it to the floor under the door, hooked it around the chair, and pulled it over to the side.

Jana said...

Since when do you have to approve comments?

Kyson said...

I think she is going crazy! I couldn't believe that she did it. I now know where I get my smarts from. :)