Thursday, November 15, 2012

I wrote a little letter...

haha... have you heard that one before?

The region women's volleyball tournament is this weekend. That shouldn't matter to me, my team didn't make it into the tournament. (Hallelujah)

Now, we find out that we are in charge of bringing a ref for each team we sent to the tournament.

WHAT?!

It is a "region" tournament. The "region" people should be in charge of that. Ya'd think...!

So, now, I am expected to cancel my Fri. night plans to be there for the tournament to ref (I am the assistant stake sports director) for my stake's team. (found out on Wed night.)

(We won't mention the fact, right here, that I am also expected to be there to ref from 9 a.m. till 8 p.m. on Saturday for the girls tournament. WHAT?!)

I wrote a little letter to the woman in charge of  it and suggested that since there were only 3 teams in the women's tournament (yeah.....that's right...... only 3 teams.....and 2 of them are from my stake) that the team that is NOT playing at the time can provide the two refs for the teams that ARE playing since they WILL ALL BE THERE ANY WAY!!! Then I don't have to change my plans to be there while 10 capable ladies sit around and watch.

The stake sports person, over me, told me there was NO way that J. would go for that idea.... and then she proceeded to lay on the serious pressure for me to be there --plans or no plans.

J messaged her right after that pressure call to tell her she liked my idea and she's going with it.

HA!

The girl's tournament is another story. My daughter's team will be there. I will be there to watch my daughter play. While my daughter's team is playing I am expected to be reffing the same time on the OTHER court! So, I won't even get to see her play! Besides the fact that I am committed to be at my rec team's last game at the rec center in the middle of all this and for pictures.

It doesn't make sense to have each team bring a person to ref every two or three hours....... maybe.

Our refs only need to stay to ref if our stake;s teams keep winning.

JEEPS! (short for jeepers) Find 8 capable ladies and have them come for 4  hours each!!!

I had plans for my last warm Saturday. It involved around 10,000 lights on my house!!!!

Nope, each team brings a ref and if there's not a ref, the team does not play.

So, how come it falls on ME? Well, since the guy who accepted the call from the stake presidency to find refs for ALL the sports is new and has not done any of his calling in the last 6 weeks and won't return phone calls to us for help, we have to do it ourselves. Me and DH who is over stake sports.

I kept telling her to call all these other people to do it for us for a couple of hours each, but she wouldn't. So, I found someone to come do it for me while I was at the rec center. Now, DH is expecting me to split the difference!!!

WHAT?!

I found someone to take 3 of my 8-10 hours; she refused to, and now I am supposed to take part of hers to make up for it? Every time I tried to explain my position, I found her talking right over the top of me. So frustrating.

Another thing:
Every girl in this tournament has played on halfsies courts. Now that we are in a playoff situation, the guy in charge of it all ??? has scheduled for them to play on full sized courts.

WHAT?

They can barely cover the holes in a halfsies court. They don't even know to move to the ball.....

This should be interesting.

Now, I remember why I have avoided church sports for the past 8 years.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Sounds like you need to write another little letter. Some people just have no common sense.

Sweet Tooth Sulli said...

Another little letter... haha that is funny. I would, except that time to change it is getting short, and I didn't want to make WAVES, just RIPPLES. lol