Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hubby funnies

Setting the table for the homecoming dance for the 4 couples was challenging when we only have 8 spoons that match. Hoping that the spoons are all accounted for, (and clean) Hubby was searching for the ones that haven't been chewed up in the garbage disposal. I pulled out my grapefruit spoon and held it up to him and announced that this one had definitely found it's way into the disposal. He quickly corrected me by telling me that the spoon was really my grapefruit spoon not a disposal victim. I scoffed at him and acted disgusted that after 22 years together, he still can't tell when I am being sarcastically funny.

The couples at the table wanted to know what I was laughing about, so I told them that Hubby didn't know that I was kidding about the spoon going through the disposal. Then one of the girls at the table said, "Wait, isn't that a grapefruit spoon."

Lol, and welcome to my blog!

3 comments:

Jana said...

I would make fun of him, but Steve still doesn't know when I'm being funny either!

Micheline said...

Doug doesn't always think I get his jokes either. I do, they are just not all funny.

Cheryl said...

Matt doesn't laugh at my jokes. His mom does!