Friday, July 8, 2011

Ahhh, Kaibab...


For some reason, I am always reminded of my dad when I am on Kaibab...














The year was 1969.

Doug, Dave, Danette, Mona


Doug is almost 7, Danette is almost 2,









Here's Doug in 1972, almost 10.




Here you can see how high that swing could swing. This is Mona and Doug in 1972.


The swing got higher every year. To get a good high swing, someone else had to use a rope to swing you higher. One person on either side, catch the swing with the rope, and fling the swing backwards. Bruce is trying to kick that rope.
Mona and Tina 1972.

Danny, Tina, 1972

In 1992ish, we went looking for the "swing". Danny hadn't been there in years. The roads were gone and new roads had been made, but once he got in the right area, Danny drove us right to the spot-no road necessary. Danette, my hubby, Danny, Bryce, Mona .

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Where did you get all those pictures? I'd seen most of them...some I hadn't - like of Dad and Tina.

I was there (and Jana) in 1992. That's when Bryce chucked pine cones at me and I got a nasty multi-cut on my face from one. Oh and Jana made me smell the tree to see "what flavor" it was.

My siblings were so mean to me!

Micheline said...

Great ol' pictures Danette! Love them. Cheryl - all younger siblings can say how mean the older ones were. I know I can. My brother used to practice his boxing on me - with boxing gloves. Listening to my younger kids, you would think the older kids beat them or something!