Thursday, April 24, 2014

If you show me Pepto Bismol in a dosing cup . . . .

and I know that it is for me. . . .

you just might have to clear the room!

Kinzie dosed some for me the other day, cause I was nauseous. I took one look at it, and started barfing my guts out.

Some things about my health are so bizarre, you can't help but laugh.

If I am camping (or travelling, or somewhere other than at my house where my meds are,) I can usually predict when I will get HEARTBURN.

If I eat Dutch Oven potatoes with my meal, and then follow it with
Dutch Oven cobler with ice cream on top, I guarantee that I will get heartburn.
(this is while I am camping in a highish elevation,
cause I don't know what D.O. potatoes or D.O. cobler
taste like at city-level elevation. LOL)

and the heartburn won't be pretty!

It is so painful to me that neither Acetametaphine nor Ibuprofin will even touch it.
None of the over the counter antacids or chewable chalk are any good.

The only thing that even touches the pain is a leftover Rx that I got from a dentist 20 years ago.
Demerol.
I take it to every campout! Even though I only have 1 pill left. :(

I went camping.
I ate D.O. potatoes (yellow onions cooked in butter or maybe oil and only potatoes, no bacon)
I did NOT eat ice cream or anything fatty or milk-based that night.
I did eat 5 of the most perfectly roasted marshmallows you ever tasted. thanks Hubby.
I did go home right after that and drank a Mt. Dew on the way home.
I did go to bed 4 hours after eating the marshmallows, 5 hours after the potatoes.
I woke up 6 hours after eating the potatoes with a painful burning in my chest.

I ate 4 tums. (which is worse than having heartburn).
Nothing.
I swallowed 500 mg Acetametaphin.
Nothing.
Curiously, to see if it would work, I swallowed an Oxycontin that was left over from a Rx from a baby birth from 9 years ago.
I started to feel really light headed and dizzy after 15 minutes, but the meds didn't touch the pain for 25 minutes.

I went to sleep thinking I was good for the rest of the night,
but 2 1/2 hours later, the pain was back and woke me up.
That's when I realized I could've taken two of those pills.

I took another Oxy and waited for it to start working.
About 30 minutes later, I got nauseous and threw up.

Amazingly, the pain that had still been there and showing through the Oxycontin,
was suddenly non-existent as soon as I threw up!

Wow. All I had to do was to throw up?

Good to know!

When I get these bouts of heartburn, I get nausea after most of them.

I was a bit nauseous for the rest of the morning.

I tried soda crackers, and soda pop to no avail.
I sent Kinzie to get me some Pepto to settle my stomach around noon.
As soon as she showed me the dose, I told all the kids to clear out of my room,
cause I like to barf in private.

Most of my heartburn bouts happened while I was pregnant.
And the nausea and barfing would make me dehydrated.
The dehydration would start contractions.
The contractions would put me in the hospital to get i.v's to get re-hydrated to stop the contractions.

Moral of the story: if I am heartburning and nauseous,
bring me some narcotics, a bucket, and a bottle of Pepto and CLEAR THE ROOM!  LOL

PS and shut the door behind you.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I thought you were announcing something!